Job: Senior Interaction Designer, Move Inc. - Westlake Village, CA (Los Angeles/Ventura County)
17 Aug 2006 - 12:14pm
8 years ago
Our Consumer Experience group is growing! The Senior Interaction
Designer is responsible for helping redefine the interface design and
functionality of Move web products such as REALTOR.com,
WelcomeWagon.com, and Move.com, as well as new products coming in 2007.
Working closely with a cross-functional team to assess product
requirements, the Senior Interaction Designer will lead interaction
design projects to define and create site structure, interaction flows,
page wireframes, and interface requirements that promote ease of use and
a positive user experience.
- Employs user-centered design methods to develop user interface
specifications such as use cases, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes
and final user interface documentation
- Works with product management to clarify and define business
requirements as they apply to the user interface
- Ensures usability best practices as applies to user interaction and
information organization, works with user experience researchers to
translate usability study findings into improved interface designs
- Works with visual designers to ensure the graphic design is consistent
with the UI requirements and usability best practices
- Coordinates and communicates with creative team, product team and
engineering to ensure that the sitemap, flow diagrams and wireframes are
properly translated to the live site, and to ensure that the look and
feel is consistent with a positive user experience
- Participates in building an internal design pattern library, to
maintain consistency in site behaviors across a network of websites
- Coordinates interaction design projects and reviews work of junior
interaction designers, providing mentorship and helping to build a
strong interaction design team
- BA/BS degree in design, library science, psychology, HCI, human
factors or related fields or equivalent work experience is required.
Advanced degree preferred.
- 2-5 years experience in interaction design, information architecture
or user interface design for web applications or consumer web sites,
with increasing responsibility. One or more years as a project or team
lead is a plus.
- Experience working with high-traffic consumer websites or e-commerce
sites is preferred.
- Previous experience with usability testing, visual design or
prototyping is a plus.
- Experience being an advocate for the end user; practical experience
working in a user-centered design structure preferred.
- Ability to design and document the user experience of web
applications (interaction flows, wireframes, sitemaps, user interface
design) using Visio
- Understanding of various web technologies such as HTML, CSS, XHTML,
- Must have a passion for problem solving, outstanding attention to
detail, and excellent written, visual and oral communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong project management skills; ability to manage
workflow and deadlines for multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain successful partnerships with
multiple groups and coordinate with cross-functional teams, including
visual designers, technical teams, user experience researchers,
engineering and product development.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Move provides consumers with the real estate content, decision support
tools and professional connections they need before, during and after a
For the last ten years, Move has been providing information and decision
support tools for consumers looking for home and real estate-related
information on the Internet. Visitors to Move's Web sites, including
REALTOR.com, Move.com, SeniorHousingNet.com and WelcomeWagon.com have
access to the most comprehensive selection of existing homes for sale,
new homes, apartments for rent and senior housing.
Move offers a dynamic work environment with a competitive salary and
benefits including medical, vision, dental, 401(k), paid vacation and
holidays. Move, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Please email your resume/CV in Word or PDF format and portfolio or work
samples to kristen.johansen at move.com. You must be able to work onsite -
no freelancers, please!