JOB: User Experience Designer - IntraLinks, Inc., Full-time position in NYC
18 Aug 2006 - 11:48am
Dean F. Hurley
IntraLinks, Inc. is looking for someone to join our growing Product Design
group as a user experience designer. Responsibilities include producing
innovative, visually appealing human interface designs; creating design
prototypes; working with developers to make designs a reality. We need
someone who can work independently, engage team members, communicate ideas,
create prototypes, and finally work with team members throughout the release
cycle of the product. This position reports to the Senior Vice President of
Product Management, Marketing, and User Experience.
* Generate designs based on common sets of HCI, graphic design,
interface design and other relevant theories.
* Create prototypes at different levels of fidelity: paper,
wireframes, screenshots, interactive HTML.
* Present ideas and concepts to cross-functional teams and incorporate
* Create visual elements such as icons, custom widgets, and graphical
* Collaborate with Product Design team to develop concepts of key
additions and edits for the product.
* Communicate designs to business specialists and marketing team
members for validation and buy-in.
* Communicate designs to development and provide definition and
direction during implementation.
* Communicate designs to quality control and provide clarifications
during the testing phase.
* Work with the Product Design team to evolve internal design process
* This job requires 10% travel.
Qualifications & Requirements:
* 3-4 years experience in application interaction design (UI Design,
Product Design); solid experience with both web applications (not web sites)
and desktop applications. Experience with designing financial applications
a definite plus.
* Education in design, HCI, usability or ability to display an
advanced understanding of design, HCI theory and practice.
* Understand in-house product design lifecycle.
* Good communication skills: written and verbal.
* Knowledge of browser-based and desktop technologies (HTML, CSS,
* Prototyping skills using HTML, Visio, or similar.
* Familiarly with Macromedia/Adobe authoring tools (Photoshop,
Fireworks, Acrobat, etc.). Knowledge of Macromedia Flash a plus.
* Experience with developing and running usability testing.
* Experience with field research a plus.
* Should demonstrate ability to use design processes for problem
definition and solution creation while working individually and with a
* Applicant must have strong visual design skills. Ability to create
graphical elements (icons, widgets, data layout, etc.) a must.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to provide a link to an online portfolio
for best consideration.
This position is located in New York, NY. Please have proper permits to work
in the United States. Intralinks, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About IntraLinks, Inc.:
IntraLinks (http://www.intralinks.com), the leading provider of digital
workspaces, connects business communities and accelerates the intelligent
flow of information and documents among participants. Through IntraLinks'
secure, neutral, online environments, companies are better able to compete
globally by accelerating essential business processes, simplifying
communication and fostering rapid workflow. IntraLinks is easily accessible
anywhere, anytime using a web browser.
Since April 1997, more than 150,000 participants representing over 13,000
companies worldwide have used IntraLinks digital workspaces to communicate
and collaborate on more than 20,000 projects and transactions. IntraLinks
has been rapidly adopted by the financial services and pharmaceutical
markets. Over 250 global companies are IntraLinks clients, including
AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals LP, Bank of America, Bank One, Bear Stearns,
Deutsche Bank, Dresdner Kleinwort Wasserstein, Ernst & Young, FDIC, JPMorgan
Chase, TD Securities, Thomas Weisel Partners and WestLB. Founded in June
1996, IntraLinks is headquartered in New York with offices in Boston and