JOB: Senior User Researcher, User-Centered Design team, Intuit (San Diego)
18 Aug 2006 - 7:53pm
COMPANY NAME: INTUIT
JOB LOCATION: San Diego, CA
JOB TITLE: Senior User Researcher
JOB DURATION: Full Time
Are you a talented, skilled, and influential user researcher with strong
customer affinity and user empathy? Do you want to improve business and
improve lives by applying your skills to create world-class
applications? Do you want to be a key player in teams focused on our
At Intuit, User Researchers sharpen our focus on customers throughout
the conceptual and product life cycle by leading field research and
conceptual design, guiding iterative design by incorporating users into
our design cycles, and evaluating our success and planning for the
future after offering release.
Intuit's User-Centered Design group in San Diego creates innovative user
experiences that enable consumers and small businesses to file and
manage their taxes effectively. Intuit continues to innovate with new
product offerings while producing the industry leading TurboTax. Our
User Researchers have the following responsibilities:
* Conduct ethnographic researcher to develop an understanding of our
customers, their goals, and the problems they experience.
* Conduct studies of conceptual alternatives and prototypes to guide
* Participate in iterative design of offerings by obtaining customer
feedback on design alternatives.
* Provide input to business strategy based on your understanding of our
* Interpret the information you obtain from customers to provide design
* Drive and enable the adoption and use of best practices across the
This position has the following experience Requirements:
* Five to eight years experience practicing ethnography, usability, user
research developing products and services.
* Strong understanding and practice of the fundamentals of social
research and ethnography
* Expert knowledge in usability engineering and field study
methodologies, notably designing and conducting usability studies,
heuristic evaluations, contextual inquiry
* Proven laboratory, interview, and observation skills
* Excellent written and oral communications with strong project
* Advanced degree or equivalent in HCI, Cognitive Science, Human
Factors, Usability Engineering, Anthropology, or related field.