JOB: User Experience Designer (Full time) - Overland Park, Kansas
28 Aug 2006 - 12:35pm
I'm posting this on behalf of a colleague. Please direct replies and inquiries to him (contact info at the bottom). Thanks!
Group: User Experience Design
Team: Design Strategy
Position: User Experience Designer
Location: Overland Park, KS
Candidate for this position will be creating conceptual user interface designs that serve as target user interface blueprints. The designer engages in a design process that moves through several levels of media including: sketches, diagrams, digital comps, high and low fidelity prototypes, detailed UI design blueprints and specification documents. Focus of this process is on requirements for wired web, wireless web, and software (desktop and mobile) for Sprint products and services. Key responsibilities will include: visual communication of implied information structures, the design and definition of navigation paradigms and translation of usability research findings into design improvements.
1. Must be able to develop new approaches to complex design problems and meet deadlines.
2. Must be able to demonstrate strong interaction design and design process skills. Portfolio review required.
3. Must have an eye for detail and can put ideas into a tangible form.
4. Strong understanding of best practice GUI principles and layout across multiple platforms and technologies (Web, Palm OS, Windows, Win CE, J2ME, Brew)
5. Knowledge of user centered design methodologies and usability evaluation and testing techniques.
6. Must possess a bachelor's degree or higher in a design related field. Or equivalent job experience in a design related field.
7. 5+ years relevant design and project management experience.
8. Must communicate clearly and effectively; strong analytical and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal and leadership skills;
9. Must be able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team.
10. Must be organized, able to act independently, and able to switch rapidly between different projects in a fast-paced and exciting environment.
Only Sprint Nextel has the key assets and marketability to keep taking your career to the next level. With a culture that promotes diverse thought and inclusiveness along with a value system that focuses on the individual, only Sprint Nextel gives you the opportunity to spread your wings and grow your careers. Submit your resume today and continue to make a positive impact.