Role: Sr. User Researcher
Position Type: FTE
Company Name: Intuit Inc.
Location: Mountain View, CA
Dynamic and diverse Web team seeks an enthusiastic human factors
Work across Intuit's e-commerce and support websites to improve the
customer experience. Use a variety of quantitative and qualitative
research methods, and drive action based on findings. Identify and
monitor critical customer metrics. Work closely with Web analytics,
design, marketing, and engineering to create innovative solutions to
user problems. Drive best practices based on emerging UI principles and
- A passion for driving innovative change that improves the customer
- Degree in Human Factors, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, or an
equivalent field in the behavioral sciences OR equivalent industry
- At least 3 years of industry experience as a hands-on researcher
- Expertise in a broad range of methodologies including: usability
testing; contextual inquiry; survey design & analysis; heuristic
evaluation; card sorts; data analysis; etc.
- Experience translating customer data into concrete, actionable
- Strong understanding of GUI design best practices
- Skill working with business owners, designers, analysts, and engineers
to drive change based on research findings
- Data-oriented with disposition for settling disputes with customer
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple
complex projects in a timely manner
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact with end users,
as well as all levels of management and technical resources.
- Advanced degree in related field
- Familiarity with Web analytics, clickstream analysis, and A/B testing
- Experience with both e-commerce and support websites
- Experience in website design, user flow and information architecture
and its impact on the customer experience (e.g. navigation).
- Experience in designing and implementing online surveys about web site
- Experience in using standard Business Intelligence tools such as Brio,
Business Objects, Microstrategy.