Portland, OR: Tutorial on Using Scenarios to Drive Design
19 Sep 2006 - 6:41pm
I thought this event might be of interest to people on this list (with the
disclosure that there's some self-promotion involved here, too, this time):
CHIFOO Presents - October Tutorial
Saturday, October 21 - Using Scenarios to Drive Design
This half-day tutorial will teach students about the ways in which scenarios
are both a crucial conceptual design and vital communication tool for the
successful practice of interaction design. The instructors are versed in the
scenario-based approach to interaction design as practiced in the Cooper
Goal-Directed Design methodology.
This tutorial targets people who:
* Wish to understand how to make personas an effective design and
* Want to better lead and control the design process in their organization
* Want to expand their practices using a powerful scenario-based methodology
* Have seen scenario-based approaches to product development fail in the
Taught by Steve Calde (Principal Design Consultant at Cooper) and Elizabeth
Bacon, M.A. (Senior Interaction Designer at St. Jude Medical).
General admission*: $150.00
Member admission: $125.00
Student admission: $100.00
* Discounted member rate applies to members of CHIFOO, partner
organizations, and government and educational groups.