JOB: Interaction Designer - DesignMap Inc, of San Francisco SoMA
18 Oct 2006 - 6:37pm
DesignMap Inc. is looking for a very talented and motivated
interaction designer for help on a range of projects.
We are a small design studio with over 8 years of experience in web-
based design. We have fantastic clients, from Fortune 50 to fully
funded startups. Our goal is to provide very a high level of design
expertise, cost-effectively for our clients. We do not aspire to be a
Frog Design or IDEO, but employ similar user-centered design process.
Our studio is small to retain a high level of design and project
involvement. Our clients do not "throw of requirements over the wall
and see what we throw back. " We enjoy very close relationships with
our clients. We take on projects from start to end and always see the
light of day, we are averse to any other kind.
We are looking to find designers that will want to help grow the
studio and be a critical part on our team for the foreseeable future.
We have renovated and opened a great design studio right downtown,
half a block from the New Montgomery BART/Muni stop. Very convenient
location for both commuters or city-based people.
- Follow a user-centered methodology and approach
- Design and execute wireframes
- Design and execute mockups
- Create specifications
- 2-4 years of direct experience designing both content websites
and web-based applications
- Expert at Photoshop and Illustrator
- Expert at coding CSS/HTML
- Excellent at communicating design concepts
- Direct experience in the IT industry, ability to understand
complex business and technical requirements
- Ability to work in a close knit design team
- Ability to spot from 20 yards a pixel out of place on a mockup
- Innate balance of form and function
- Truly enjoy design, in all forms
Provide a text/Word/PDF version and samples of work. We would like to
see a range of final deliverables and interim deliverables created
during the course a project.