Senior Designer at MITRE
Full-time or contract position
We need senior interaction designer: a passionate designer, mentor, and leader.
We need to be inspired and educated on:
a) how design can impact Open Source (Open Design)
b) making our customers design apostles
c) living net-centric business and operations and
d) creating fabulous, delightful prototypes and products.
The Design Leader will be a key player in a talented creative and engineering
team dedicated to developing world-class web, PDA, and open source-based
This person will use their skills in interaction design, user interface
engineering, enterprise engineering, conceptual design and information
architecture in partnership with MITRE designers and engineers to create new
products for advancing the government's technology frontier. This individual
will be a leader in interaction and user interface design for new product
development efforts critical to the success of the product line. Work with
customers, product planners, and the engineering staff to create
customer-centered designs that are elegant, easy to use, and have high impact.
- Leading interaction and user interface efforts on rapid prototypes to
- Applying user interface design skills and principles to service design (cell,
web, fat client).
- Working with other design team members, engineering, and management to
implement required features.
- Design products that enable our customers to live net-centric business
- Extensive rapid prototyping experience creating and iteratively refining a
user interface design to achieve delightful user experiences.
- Project leadership experience.
- Proficiency with various design tools, including Adobe PhotoShop and
- In depth knowledge of usability methodologies, human factors, industry
standards and trends, platform standards, and software development process.
- Information/Visual Design experience.