Hiring User experience design intern (San francisco)
15 Nov 2006 - 9:08pm
AirPlay Network, a pioneer in the creation of mobile interactive applications, is looking for a User Experience Design intern (full time or part time contractor) to join its Marketing team to provide interaction design and website design for our website, AirPlay.com. AirPlay.com is the marketing and mobile gaming community website that complements our mobile game offering.
The user experience design intern position can be either full time or part time, based on schedule. Ideally we are looking to have someone start right away in November to the end of December with the possibility of extending this through Summer, 2007. This position would be onsite at our offices South of Market in San Francisco. We are conveniently located near Caltrain, bus and BART. At this point now we are only looking for local candidates as this position does not include any relocation.
The User Experience Design Intern will be responsible for providing interaction design, information architecture and website design for AirPlay.com. Duties include:
· Work closely with product managers, engineers and designers to design and architect AirPlay.com marketing website.
· Design features for a consumer web-based community gaming site.
· Design and create user experience architecture diagrams (site maps, task flows) and wireframes.
· Create low/high fidelity prototypes in Illustrator, Visio, Photoshop or Flash
· Contribute ideas for improving AirPlay.com user experience and product features and improving AirPlay mobile games.
· Research intersection of interaction between mobile phones, competitive sports, gaming and Web 2.0.
· Experience in User experience design, information architecture, and/or interaction design.
· Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, Dreamweaver and Microsoft office.
· Pursuing BA or MS in Human Computer Interaction, New Media Design or related field.
· 6 months+ professional experience (major website or agency preferred)
· Strong passion for sports and/or gaming
· Interaction Design portfolio
· Interest in mobile gaming
Skills that would be a plus:
· Strong experience in visual design or marketing
· Strong web design skills
· Experience with designing digital and print marketing collateral (brochures, banner ads, logos, etc)
· Experience in creating Flash demos and Flash applications
· Experience in usability testing
For consumers, AirPlay delivers a compelling multiplayer game experience based on televison's most popular programs. Joining 200 million cell phones with 110 million TV households, AirPlay brings wireless competition and community to the living room for the first time. For the television industry, AirPlay enhances the viewing experience, increasing audience engagement with live television programming and advertising
Send resume and link to portfolio to Wendy Boucher-Fischer at wendy.fischer at AirPlaynetwork.com.