Sr/ Principal User Exp Designer
Locations - Palo Alto, CA & Fremont, CA
Relocation Assisstance Available
Pls forward your resume to: Jackie.Hall at SAP.Com
Works within a team structure to create new Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) and user experiences for business software in addition to improve existing ones. Also, identifies and drives opportunities to improve aspects of the software development process related to the GUI, including streamlining and automation. Along with fellow members of a user experience team, has a key role in assuring best quality and best practice user interface design throughout the product lifecycle.
Design of GUIs and define GUI standards informed by user research, market and sales drivers, business requirements, and technical requirements. Conceptualize and create designs, prototypes, and specifications to inform and guide development efforts on new features and products. Primary tasks include:
- Conceptualizing and developing use scenarios
- Performing and reporting on task analyses
- Creating conceptual design models
- Creating interaction models and task flows
- Defining information organization and screen layouts
- Creating and demonstrating iterative prototypes (hi and low fidelity)
- Involved in design validation activities and recommendations reporting
Organize and coordinate design review and specification activities as well as define UI requirements via the following:
- Involvement in user research activities, including participatory design sessions
- Review of business and technical requirements
- Definition, creation, production and review of user interface and usability requirements
- Review and walkthrough of user interface concepts and designs
- Conceive and define UI building blocks and standards
- Involvement in design usability validation
In addition, contributes to project planning and infrastructure initiatives.
Graduate level training in:
- Human Computer Interaction
- Human Factors
- Other related disciplines
Two to five years experience doing user interface and user experience conceptualization, design and specification of data-driven software in a high tech company.
*Experience in translating business, technical, and usability requirements and human-factors principles into best practice user interface/user experience designs, specifications, and UI standards.
*Experience with developing user profiles, use scenarios, task flows, prototypes and information hierarchies.
*Must have experience with two or more formal UI evaluation and requirements methods (e.g., design ideation/conceptualization processes, task analyses, field studies, formal UI/UE design reviews, standards and guidelines definition, and design validation testing).
*Demonstrated ability to learn and design for complex business tasks and supporting technologies.
*Have good writing and presentation skills. Must be a collegial, adaptive and communicative team player.
*Experience with CRM enterprise software a plus.Sloanri_sloan at hotmail.com
Search from any Web page with powerful protection. Get the FREE Windows Live Toolbar Today! http://get.live.com/toolbar/overview