JOB: Sr UI Designer at Hotwire.com (San Francisco)
22 Nov 2006 - 1:33pm
Hotwire.com is a leading discount travel Web site with consistently
lower prices on airline tickets, hotel rooms, rental cars, cruises and
vacation packages. Launched in 2000 with funding from six major
airlines, Hotwire negotiates deep discounts from its travel suppliers to
help sell their excess inventory. Hotwire is a wholly owned subsidiary
of Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) and is based in San Francisco, CA. For
more information, visit http://www.hotwire.com/.
Hotwire.com is looking for a full-time senior user interface designer.
The right candidate should be able to design interfaces that are
engaging, follow usability best practices and reinforce Hotwire's visual
Working within the product management group at Hotwire, you'll work with
a mix of product leads and customer care to develop user interfaces that
meet business objectives and the needs of the consumer. You'll use data
- to inform your design strategy and measure the results post launch.
You'll also be involved in the prototyping and usability testing of your
* Applying user-centered design practices to create high
quality consumer experiences
* Working closely with product planning managers and a product
development team to define product direction and UI requirements
* Helping build interactive prototypes for usability and market
* Applying usability research findings to the design process
* Assisting in authoring detailed design specifications
* Assisting in the analysis of interface designs - pre and post
* 3-5 years experience designing consumer oriented web-based
* A portfolio, or examples of sites you've worked on is
* Knowledge of user interface design principles and web design
best practices and web standards.
* Proficiency in screen layout and visual design. Icon design
is a plus.
* Knowledge of Visio, Photoshop, Flash and HTML are required.
* Knowledge of interface and graphic optimization for the web.
* BS/BA in Design, HCI or related degree preferred.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and meet
Hotwire, an equal opportunity employer, offers an exciting opportunity
for qualified career-motivated professionals. We provide competitive
compensation, performance bonus and the chance to work with talented
people in a winning, successful, and pleasant environment. We offer
many premium benefits including 401(k) with an employer match, medical,
dental, life insurance, vacation and sick time and much more.
Interested candidates who fit the description are encouraged to apply
via the link below.