JOB: internship at SAP Labs (Germany) in API Usability or the Psychology of Programming
25 Nov 2006 - 1:24pm
TEAM OVERVIEW: BUSINESS PROCESS RENOVATION @ SAP
The Business Process Renovation team (BPR) is a global innovation group at SAP Labs. We focus on creating user delight through designing and implementing solutions that meet and exceed real user needs and wants. BPR reports to Henning Kagermann, CEO of SAP, and our projects are sponsored by SAP's Executive Board. SAP is the world's largest inter-enterprise software company and the world's third-largest independent software supplier overall. SAP employs more than 32,000 people in more than 50 countries and is the recognized leader in providing collaborative business solutions for all types of industries and for every major market.
BPR is currently looking for an API Usability intern (duration min. 3 months, max. 6 months, paid, located in Walldorf, Germany; limited relocation support). We need a candidate who relishes solving tough user research challenges and has a strong background or interest in API Usability and the Psychology of Programming. Experience in procedural as well as object-oriented programming is desirable.
USABILITY INTERN RESPONSIBILITIES
Main responsibilities include the following:
* Apply user experience tools and methods to research and design a new standard programming API (Application Programming Interface).
* Play an active role in all aspects of the user experience process including identification of user needs, ideation, exploration of solutions, modelling of information representation, and iterative end user validation
* Help conducting end-user research to explore, uncover, and analyze real user requirements
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE
* Proven track record of out-of-the-box, innovative thinking and design
* Well developed skills in modelling of information representation, OO-programming, and API Usability methods are critical
* Proven track record of success with programming (e.g. procedural and object-oriented) is desirable
* Passion for end-user focused software applications design and development with an appreciation and empathy for the entire software design process
* Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively engage and convey ideas to cross-functional technical and non-technical teams
* Degree in one of the following preferred: Computing Science/Engineering, Interaction Design, Human Factors Engineering, Psychology, Cognitive Science, or related programs.
* 1-3 relevant postgraduate education and/or professional work experience in usability research is a plus.
This internship is located in Walldorf, Germany. Only limited relocation assistance can be provided.