JOB: Senior UI Designer, San Francisco, Salesforce.com, Full Time
30 Nov 2006 - 6:10pm
9 years ago
LOCATION: San Francisco, CA
POSITION TITLE: Senior UI Designer
DURATION: Full Time
Salesforce.com is looking for an experienced User Interface designer to join
our rapidly growing User Experience team.
As a designer at Salesforce.com, you will:
• Create world-class designs using User-Centered Design methodologies that
drive the success of our company and our customers.
• Build innovative solutions to interesting problems leveraging the newest
advances in Web technologies.
• Work on interfaces that range from enterprise system administration to
handheld and mobile applications
• Be an integral part of the company that has redefined On-Demand software
Drive development of clean, efficient, useful interface designs from
conceptualization to through implementation.
- Translate user requirements and complex business problems into highly
usable Web applications in partnership with Product Management.
- Construct storyboards, mockups, and prototypes to effectively communicate
interaction designs to internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with usability specialists to conduct customer studies of prototypes
and existing interfaces, in order to create usable
tools and programs.
- Collaborate with branding and graphics specialists to support the visual
style of salesforce.com
- Assist product management in authoring functional interaction requirements
- Conceive, document, and evangelize user interface guidelines and
standards:: Ensure a consistent look and feel across the application;
raise all application interfaces to a consistently high standard of
QUALIFICATIONS (Required Skills/Experience):
• 8 years of professional design experience, including at least 4 years of
interaction design experience for large-scale websites
or enterprise applications
• Bachelor's or higher degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction
Design or related field
• Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to create prototypes and
• Demonstrable web UI design skills with ability to show relevant work
VB.NET is a plus
• Expert knowledge of visual design tools including Visio, Photoshop, and
• Expert in user-centered design methods and best practices
• Focused on providing best-of-breed UI designs without losing sight of the
real-world user's need for "fast and simple"
• Independent self-starter with strong project management skills
• Ability to work as part of a team with product managers, graphics
designers, usability specialists, and others
Salesforce.com is the worldwide leader in on-demand customer relationship
management (CRM) services. More companies trust their
vital customer and sales data to salesforce.com than any other CRM company
in the world. In fact, more than 556,000 subscribers at
27,100 companies worldwide depend on Salesforce to manage their sales,
marketing, and customer center and customer service.
We are proud to be contributing to the success of companies of all sizes, in
all industries, around the globe.
For more information please visit http://www.salesforce.com, or call