JOB: Senior Interaction Designer, Mountain View, Become.com, Full Time
30 Nov 2006 - 7:15pm
LOCATION: Mountain View, CA
POSITION TITLE: Senior Interaction Designer - Start-Up Opportunity
DURATION: Full Time
Become.com is an exciting start-up that has developed an innovative new
search engine. In just over two years, we've built a shopping research
and price comparison site that uses some of the most advanced technology
on the web. We are seeking an Interaction Designer to lead the design
efforts at Become.com. The ideal candidate is interested in redefining
the online shopping experience. This candidate should be familiar with
the search engine or price comparison industry and is interested in
working in a fast paced start-up environment.
* Develop wireframes, mockups and prototypes from
initial product/feature concepts.
* Present designs and explain design decisions to
team members including management, engineers, and sales team.
* Lead user research activities from usability
studies to analysis of user activity on Become.com.
* Be an advocate for the consumer
* Design, develop and implement outstanding designs
using User-Centered design methodologies that drive the success of our
company and our customers.
* BS or MS degree in a design-related field coupled
with 4 to 6 years experience of professional design experience.
* Strong conceptual skills and proven ability to
create mock-up and prototyping tools, preferably html/css/js.
* Advanced knowledge of user-centered design
* Familiarity with recent web technologies and
design considerations for each, particularly AJAX applications.
* Understanding of the design limitations of the web
- familiarity with web browsers and compatibility issues.
* A desire to innovate and push search interfaces
and the online shopping experience to the next level.
* Visual art/design background a plus.
1300 Crittenden Lane
Mountain View, CA 94043
Attention: Tom Schaeffer
For immediate consideration, please send your resume in Word or PDF