We are currently recruiting for a User Experience Designer-Senior in our
Norcross CheckFree office.
This position will be responsible for the following:
* Job Purpose*
Under minimal supervision, follow a user-centered design process to
translate business, technical, and user requirements into a usable,
effective user interface for web-based applications.
- Lead the effort to research and analyze user characteristics and
needs through such techniques as user profiling, competitive analysis,
contextual inquiries, and task analysis.
- Participate on a team to develop use case scenarios that support
- Lead the effort to design innovative, conceptual prototypes that
translate product requirements into screen flows and user interactions that
constitute the user experience.
- Lead the effort to prepare for, facilitate, and analyze the results
of usability tests of the conceptual and detailed designs.
- Iterate, based on frequent user feedback, the conceptual designs
into detailed designs.
- Collaborate with several functional areas to ensure the integrity of
the design and the translation of the design into a usable product.
- Develop appropriate design documentation throughout the product
lifecycle, including UX strategy documents, user interface prototypes, user
interface specifications, site maps, flow diagrams, wireframes, and
usability findings reports.
- Communicate design to all levels of the organization through
facilitating design sessions, conducting design walkthroughs, and presenting
designs to senior management.
- Mentor other designers.
- 10% travel
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Human Factors, Cognitive Science,
related discipline, or equivalent. Advanced degree preferred.
Minimum seven years of experience in Interaction Design, Usability
Engineering, Information Architecture, or UI Design of Web-based
*Skills and Knowledge Required*
· Strong understanding of the user-centered design process.** ·
Strong organizational, listening, communication and interpersonal skills.**
· Solid ability to generate design concepts and expand them into a
- Solid ability to translate usability research findings into design
- Solid ability to apply rapid iterative design and innovation team
methodologies in a small team environment in order to rapidly iterate new
product concepts based on user feedback sessions.
- Experience with industry tools for generating UI prototypes, UI
specifications, flow diagrams, and wireframes.
· Experience with web accessibility as defined by Section 508 and
WAI guidelines.** · Familiarity working with visual designers a