Despite the title, the websites being built are generally small but could
benefit from rich interaction.
Please see the contact information below...
Senior Information Architect
The Senior Information Architect will provide the site strategy and
detailed designs for new and existing web properties within Rodales
Subscription Services Group. S/he will define and create interfaces that
ensure an intuitive and rewarding customer experience. S/he will work with
the business and market research teams to ensure the highest customer
satisfaction and return on every product delivered.
* Help develop and refine product requirements based on business and
target consumer characteristics, goals, tasks and processes
* Translate business objectives and strategies into coordinated
interactive designs focused on the consumer
* Craft visual specifications including conceptual diagrams, flow
diagrams, sitemaps, wireframes, mockups, use cases, and detailed product
* Work closely with Design and IT to ensure delivery of top notch products
* Manage early stage concept testing and prototyping
* Drive competitive assessments, product testing, product benchmarking,
and market research to inform the product vision and roadmap
* Secure and manage internal and/or freelance Information Architects, as
* Minimum of 5 years of web architecture and design experience, preferably
in a large-scale, fast paced agency, marketing or in-house creative
* Ability to work within a cross-functional team including effectively
communicating with IT, Engineering, Production, Design and Editorial
* Knowledge of web applications and technologies including: Illustrator,
Photoshop, Visio, HTML, Flash, and AJAX.
* Education in degree fields such as Human Computer Interaction,
Information Systems, Graphic Design, Communications, Interactive Design or
Industrial Design is desirable.
* Exceptional attention to detail in design, flow and overall process to
maintain brand integrity
* Experience with consumer facing websites is strongly preferred
scott.parlee (at) rodale.com
(no recruiters, please)
As a global content company in health and wellness, Rodale reaches more
than 40 million people in 59 countries each month through its
category-leading magazines, books, and interactive media. Our magazines
include Prevention, Men's Health, and Runner's World and our New York
Times Bestselling books include Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth, Martha
Stewart's The Martha Rules, and The South Beach Diet. Learn more at http://www.rodale.com/