Molecular, an Internet consultancy in Watertown, MA, is hiring into its
User Experience group. We're hiring into a range of experience levels
and specializations, as you can see below. Feel free to contact me with
- - -
Consultant, User Experience
User Experience Consultants are experienced in working within a
client/consulting environment and translating client business goals and
audience needs into successful Web-based projects. They plan and define
User Experience approaches and deliverable strategy for medium to large
projects, as well as serve as the client facing User Experience lead on
these projects. The User Experience Consultant manages a project team of
2-3 user experience professionals and generates cost and schedule
estimates for project tasks. They lead the development and delivery of
business requirements, audience and competitive analysis, content
inventories, taxonomies, creative briefs, information architecture
strategies and other client documentation. They work independently,
serving as a discipline lead on mid-size projects(s) and oversee work
plan execution. Consultants monitor and track project progress, resolve
barriers and conflicts to insure success at achieving client objectives.
Consulting / Client Leadership
- Highly competent in external consulting skills and techniques, serving
as a trusted advisor to clients.
- Ability to develop and sustain strong client relationships at senior
- Understand client's business needs provides insight beyond current
- Run effective working client meetings and presentations to senior to
- Understand business problems and works with the client to apply our
solutions to their problems.
- Ability to communicate the value of Molecular's history of solutions
and case studies to existing and prospective clients.
Molecular Leadership / Staff Management
- Mentor and develop less experienced staff within and outside of
- Provide constructive feedback to project team members.
- Establish alliances across disciplines to maximize efficiency.
- Lead internal efforts to accomplish inter-disciplinary company
- Participate in interviewing for top level talent.
- Support business development activities as a Discipline Lead including
contributing to sales strategy, project estimation, sales presentations
and proposal creation.
- Experience on web based projects in two or more of the following
capabilities: visual design, branding, usability, information
architecture, content conversion, HTML production, multimedia, scripting
technologies, and taxonomy creation and human factors.
- Extensive experience in setting user experience strategy in
determining deliverables and approaches for projects.
- Ability to manage client relationship at the senior levels across
marketing and executive functions.
- Proven project leadership and management capabilities for projects of
medium size and complexity.
- Proven client interaction and consulting skills.
- Ability to sell capabilities and value of our services.
- Ability to scope and estimate projects of $500K or less.
- Experience conducting client presentations and meeting facilitation.
- Ability to independently execute on projects with little to no
guidance from a mentor and/or manager.
Bachelor's or master's degree in graphic design, fine art, information
architecture, industrial design, product design, visual communications
or human-computer interactions. Portfolio showcasing exceptional,
strong, innovative creative work. 7+ years professional experience,
including 5+ years in a consulting environment within the Internet
industry. Relevant experience in advertising agency, design firm,
marketing, corporate identity, brand management and Internet
professional services preferred.
To apply for this position, email a text or Microsoft Word version of
your resume to Desiree Girifalco at dgirifalco at molecular.com. Be sure to
include the job title that you wish to be considered for in the subject
line of your email.