As a Product Designer for the Geospatial Team, you will join a team of
highly experienced and creative designers to initiate, conceptualize, and
specify features for products targeted at the Geospatial market. . This is a
unique opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced design and engineering
The right candidate must possess a clear passion for solving customer
problems. Previous experience with GIS competitive products, or Autodesk
MapGuide / Map 3D / Topobase as a customer or user is preferred for this
position. The ability to communicate design ideas to technical audiences
through illustration, presentation, specifications and clear descriptive
language are all key competencies of this position.
- Researches and validates clear and achievable specifications for
Company software products based on user input.
- Gathers user requirements from customers through customer visits and
discussions with marketing
- Translates customers needs into innovative design solutions.
- Optimizes product usability, learnability and customer satisfaction.
- Creates conceptual designs and feature specifications.
- Three or more years experience as a designer for a product or service
that is customer-facing (significant industry experience may be substituted
for this requirement)
- Experience creating conceptual designs using diagramming to model the
- Portfolio demonstrating superior design skills
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills, demonstrated with examples
- Solid understanding of software and internet technologies
- Experience prototyping using Flash, Director, Fireworks, PowerPoint,
Visual Studio or similar applications
- Proven track record of on-time, high-quality deliverables
- Working knowledge of GIS or CAD competitive products
- Self-starter, highly accountable
- Collaborative, inquisitive, and intellectually curious
Autodesk is the world's leading design software and digital content company,
offering customers progressive business solutions through powerful
technology, products and services. Autodesk helps customers in the building,
manufacturing, infrastructure, digital media, and wireless data services
fields increase the value of their digital design data and improve
efficiencies across their entire project lifecycle management processes.
Autodesk's suite of ISD software and services are used by GIS mapping
technicians, civil engineers, land planners, and other professionals who
deliver critical services in the utilities, communications, building, and