The Information Architecture Summit is a premier gathering place for
information architects and for discussion about information
architecture. Everyone who touches on IA is welcome to share and learn.
Last year's IA Summit attracted over 500 attendees, including beginners,
experienced IAs, and people in a range of related fields.
Our *opening keynote* is architect Joshua Prince-Ramus - a Principal at
Ramus Ella Architects (REX). REX’s current projects include Museum Plaza
in Louisville, KY; the Dee & Charles Wyly Theatre in Dallas, TX; the
Annenberg Center at the California Institute of Technology in Pasadena,
CA; and the Forward Residence in New York, NY.
We have *50 main conference sessions* on 24-26 March. These cover a wide
range of IA and related topics and provide practical case studies and
new, inspiring ideas.
We have *19 pre-conference workshops* held during the first 2 days of
the conference. These provide an in-depth practical exploration of a topic:
* Introduction to Internet Business Strategy
* Building Taxonomies: Methodology and Analysis Techniques
* Communicating Design: Making Your IA Documentation Clear and Actionable
* So You Want To Be a Product Manager...
* Learning From Las Vegas: Insights from the Ordinary and Extraordinary
* Social Information Architecture Workshop
* Intranets as a Business Tool
* UX Management: Developing and Growing Yourself and a Team of User
* Introduction to IA
* Designing for Accessibility: Beyond the Basics
* 2nd Annual IxDA Interaction Design Workshop
* Improving the Design of Search
* Prototyping RIAs in Axure
* Information Architecture 3.0
* Designing with Structured Data
* Creating Conceptual Comics
* Accelerator Workshops: How Rapid Facilitation Gets Things Done in Days
Instead of Weeks
* Navigation Magic: Mixing Root Tasks into a Recipe for Top-Level
* Web Design Foundations