JOB: User Experience Researcher, Redmond WA, Microsoft, Full-Time
19 Jan 2007 - 2:02pm
User Experience Researcher - Microsoft Dynamics
Are you a talented user researcher or usability engineer, passionate about user-centered design and creating products and services people love? Join the organization creating the next growth business for Microsoft. For the Microsoft Dynamics team, creating best-in-industry user experiences for customers, partners and end-users is crucial for success. Come be part of a unique international user experience team dedicated to reinventing how millions of people interact with business applications.
The User Experience team for Microsoft Dynamics is seeking an experienced User Experience Researcher to help make business applications from Microsoft more powerful, simple, and compelling. Our team consists of user experience researchers and designers located in three Microsoft development centers in Redmond, WA; Fargo, ND; and Copenhagen, Denmark. The team is responsible for the user experience research and design of current as well as future products for the Microsoft Dynamics family of products and services.
About the job
You will work closely with program managers, user experience designers, other researchers and other disciplines to create the best possible user experience. In Redmond we do most of most of our design and research work with feature teams within the domains of Customer Relationship Management, Project Accounting and Time & Expense Management. We also perform design and research for infrastructure components such as clients, workflow, and reporting and business intelligence. At the Copenhagen and Fargo sites we work with teams in Supply Chain Management, Financial Management and Human Resource Management. You can expect additional feature areas will be added in the future.
You will be involved in larger cross-team design and research projects that will impact the product strategy and future direction of Microsoft Dynamics as well as initiatives to continuously improve our design and research processes, tools and the user-centered culture in the broader organization. This work will require close collaboration with team members at all sites and with the larger user experience community at Microsoft. The position will involve travel, primarily to Europe and within the USA.
Specific responsibilities for this position include designing and conducting user research (field studies, lab studies, and other techniques); analyzing, interpreting, and reporting research findings to the product team; identifying and specifying persona, process and task models; identifying and specifying customer scenarios and requirements; collaborating with the product team to incorporate research findings, scenarios and requirements for the product; collaborating with the product team to set user experience and usability goals for the product; createing user research plans; tracking usability defects and issues; reporting progress toward meeting user experience goals to management; collaborating with other user experience researchers to leverage and utilize findings from research conducted across Microsoft.
The candidate we are looking for...
- Has 4 or more years of work experience with state-of-the-art user-centered design and research methods, including experimental design, observational techniques, field studies, task analysis, cognitive walkthroughs, usability studies and data analysis
- Has demonstrated success in a user-centered design process to consistently produce insights, awesome experiences, and business value
- Is a great team player and a great communicator that can connect easily with other people and disciplines within an engineering team and have demonstrated ability to work confidently with diverse teams (e.g., Program Management, Software Development, Testing, Product Planning, User Assistance and Design)
- Has a relevant graduate degree within Human Factors, Psychology, Ethnography or similar field
- Has aptitude and passion for technology.
You will be further qualified if you...
- Have experience with developing or implementing business applications or enterprise software
- Are knowledgeable about emerging research methods and tools, and an innovator in research design, processes and/or methods
- Have interaction design skills including experience with tools such as Microsoft Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash and Adobe Director
- Are knowledgeable about interaction design patterns and guidelines for applications for Microsoft Windows or Web applications.
We offer you...
- The opportunity to impact how millions of users will interact with business applications
- Highly talented and motivated colleagues who will support you while working with the latest methods, tools and technology
- A dynamic workplace with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- A fast-paced, flexible, international work environment
- An attractive compensation, benefits and relocation package that will match your qualifications and responsibility
- A well-defined career path that spans the entire range from entry level to very senior levels