JOB: Senior User Experience Lead, Redmond WA, Microsoft, Full - Time
19 Jan 2007 - 2:03pm
User Experience Lead - Microsoft Dynamics
Do you want to play a leading role in reinventing how millions of people interact with business applications? Come be part of a unique international user experience team dedicated to designing superior experiences for the next growth business at Microsoft.
The User Experience team for Microsoft Dynamics is seeking a Senior User Experience Lead to help make business applications from Microsoft more powerful, simple and compelling to use. We are seeking a talented designer who is passionate about user-centered design and can lead a small team to deliver on our mission.
Our team consists of designers and user experience researchers located in three Microsoft development centers in Redmond, WA; Fargo, ND; and Copenhagen, Denmark. The team is responsible for the user experience design and research for current as well as future products within the Microsoft Dynamics family of products and services.
In our team, enabling superior user experiences for customers, partners and end-users is highly strategic to product success.
About the job
First, you will be a key member of the user experience management team and as such collaborate with other user experience leads on ensuring outstanding team performance. This includes setting direction and goals for the user experience team, coaching and guiding the team toward ambitious performance goals, recruiting and talent management, and simply making the team a great place to work for user experience professionals.
Secondly, you will work closely with program managers, user experience designers and researchers, and other disciplines to create the best possible user experience. In Redmond we do most of most of our design and research work with feature teams within the application area of Customer Relationship Management, Project Accounting and Time & Expense Management. We also do design and research for infrastructure components such as clients, workflow, reporting and business intelligence. At the Copenhagen and Fargo sites we work with teams in Supply Chain Management, Financial Management and Human Resource Management.
Thirdly, you will be involved in larger cross-team design and research projects that will impact the product strategy and future direction of Microsoft Dynamics and as well as initiatives to continuously improve our design and research processes, tools and the user-centered culture in the broader organization. This work will require close collaboration with team members at all sites and with the large user experience community at Microsoft. The position will involve conference calls outside regular business hours as well as some travel, primarily to Europe and within the USA.
The candidate we are looking for
- Has eight or more years of work experience with state-of-the-art user-centered design methods including contextual inquiry, task analysis, cognitive walkthroughs, usability studies and workshops, idea generation, storyboarding, information architecture, interaction and visual design
- Has demonstrated success in leading teams in a user-centered design process to consistently produce insights, awesome experiences, and business value
- Is a great team player and a great communicator who can connect easily with other people and disciplines within an engineering team and has demonstrated ability to work confidently with diverse teams (e.g., Program Management, Software Development, Testing, Product Planning, Industrial Design, Branding, User Assistance and User Research)
- Has a BA/BS degree in a design field
- Has interaction and visual design skills including experience with tools including Microsoft Visio, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Flash and Adobe Director
- Has flair and passion for technology
- Has a portfolio available for viewing
You will be further qualified if you...
- Have experience with developing or implementing business applications or enterprise software
- Have two or more years of design management experience
- Have been successful at building great design teams and growing individuals in their careers
- Are knowledgeable about emerging tools, and an innovator in design tools, processes and/or methods
- Are familiar with accessibility and Section 508 requirements
- Are someone who is or can become a leader across the user experience community at Microsoft
- Are or can be recognized for your work and insights in the user experience profession outside Microsoft
- Have a graduate degree in the design field
We offer you...
- The opportunity to impact how millions of users will interact with business applications
- Highly talented and motivated colleagues who will support you while working with the latest methods, tools, and technology
- A flexible, fast-paced work environment with unparalleled opportunities for personal and professional growth
- An international team collaborating to invent ground-breaking user experiences
- An attractive compensation, benefits and relocation package that will match your qualifications and responsibility
- A well-defined career path that spans the entire range from entry level to very senior levels
- International visa sponsorship and relocation support