JOB: User Interface Designer--Web (contract) TiVo, Inc. (Alviso, CA)
25 Jan 2007 - 1:22pm
****Please do not reply to this email. See contact info at the end of
COMPANY: TiVo Inc
LOCATION: Alviso, CA (Silicon Valley)
POSITION TITLE: User Interface Designer--Web
Help us evolve the product that revolutionized Television!
TiVo's product goal is to create a living room experience that is so
easy, everyone in the household will love interacting with it. As we
continue to innovate our TV DVR functionality as well as add home
networking and mobility features, we need to heed our mantra of "Smart.
Simple. Fun. Connected."
The User Experience department (UI Design, Visual Design & Prototyping,
Research, Writing, and Field Trials) works closely with Customer
Support, Product Management, and Engineering teams to gather information
on our products. We have a collaborative, team-oriented, consensus
building approach to design, and believe in taking input and feedback
from a wide variety of sources.
We are looking for an energetic, multi-talented and motivated individual
to join the team as a UI Designer for our Web product.
It is critical for candidates to work well with other teams and to have
a strong leadership presence. Candidates must be able to understand the
balance of user experience, business case, and time-to-market, and make
tradeoffs where appropriate.
* Create and iterate UI designs, and producing detailed, written
specifications for Engineering
* Work with Visual Designers, Web Developers, and Prototypers to create
mockups and functional prototypes of your designs
* Partner with User Research to test and refine your designs
* Plan with Product Management to define feature/product requirements
* Work with Engineering to understand architecture and development
issues; and make appropriate design tradeoffs
* Team up with Customer Support to understand issues subscribers have
with the current UI
* At least two years experience doing user interface design in a formal
web application or software development environment
* Excellent design skills and a proven track record of designing web
applications and writing detailed UI/functional specifications
* Big picture design ideas
* Extreme detail orientation, and an obsession for consistency
* Clear, organized writing, communication, and presentation skills
* Logical, analytical thinking
* Reasonable understanding of underlying technical issues