JOB: Snr Interaction Designer (Full Time) - Premier Interactive Agency - New York - Recruiter Posting
7 Feb 2007 - 9:38am
Our client was recently named AdWeek's Interactive Agency of the Year. This
exciting new role is in their New York office.
The job description is as follows:
*Senior Interaction Designers* are responsible for creating interactive
experiences which are useful to users and promote a business's products and
brand. Interaction Designers are skilled designers, proficient in web,
mobile, and physical computing technologies and proficient in visual design,
marketing, marketing strategy, and creative/technological
Interaction Designers are able to lead creative efforts from conception
through implementation, managing teams, clients, 3rd party service
providers. They are quick thinkers and problem solvers, able to cope with
the various challenges that inevitably occur in projects involving design
On a day-to-day basis, Senior Interaction Designers regularly engage in all
phases of development:
• Requirement gathering – including stakeholder interviews, competitive
research, technical feasibility assessments, design explorations, strategic
analysis, and consensus building with the client
• Conception devt – coming up with the key ideas that drive a project and
supporting ideas needed to implement them in various channels (TV, print,
mobile, in-store, web, out-of-home, etc.). Senior Interaction Designer
deliverables include: prototypes, proof of concept documents, wireframes,
user flows, use cases, user scenarios.
• Experience Documents – includes, site maps, logic flows, wireframes,
functional specifications, data models parameters, prototypes, keyframes.
• Presentations – throughout the process, interaction designers must present
various aspects of the user experience to the development team, clients and
• Quality Assurance – during development, interaction designers track and
monitor progress on development and quality of the user experience. This
often involves revising experience documents.
• Strong understanding of interactive experiences, channels, and
• Proficiency in underlying interactive technologies (web, mobile)
• Solid background in software development and databases.
• 3 – 5 years of actual design experience in an interactive shop
• strong presentation and written communication skills
• proven background as a creative thinker
• proven experience as a team leader and client contact
This is an opportunity to work on cutting edge solutions with a highly
cohesive and dynamic team of industry leaders and an "A list" client base.
Ripon Gardens is a New York based recuitment agency specialising in UX and
IXD people. We service an international client base and are always happy to
hear from practioners that are looking for opportunities or people within