Job: AKQA San Francisco - Interaction Designers, Sr. Interaction Designers
27 Feb 2007 - 4:50pm
AKQA is an independent, ideas-led agency that exists to help its clients
lead in the digital age. Named Agency of the Year in the UK by Revolution
magazine and in the USA by AdAges Creativity Magazine in 2006, AKQA is the
first agency to hold the Agency of the Year title on both sides of the
Atlantic at the same time. Clients based in the San Francisco office include
Nike, Xbox, Target, Visa and McDonalds.
We are hiring in our San Francisco office. See descriptions and contact info
You have at least 3 years' experience in interactive design or you hold a
recent degree from an undergraduate or graduate human factors program,
regardless of years of work experience. You have planned and conducted
research, generated audience insights, and designed customer experiences.
Your skills should include:
- is responsible for creating & defining the flow of user experience in the
form of sitemaps & schematics (or wireframes as some people call them).
- organizes & strategize content of a web site
- works closely with Art Director, Copywriter, Designer, Creative Developer
to generate creative concepts.
- works with Art Director and Designer to evaluate the usability of a site.
- defines how a web site is going to be tracked (i.e. decides where the
"tags" should go), based on success measurement objectives
- seeks new digital marketing opportunities and proposes new ideas (which
are not necessarily briefed by the client
- have a good understanding of creative concepting process (i.e. -
understand what an "idea" is)
- have a good understanding of usability, design and technology
- have a good understanding of possibilities & limitations in execution.
- be on top of the "latest & greatest" in digital technology (mobile,
computers, gaming, etc).
- should be fluent in InDesign and/or Illustrator to produce schematics.
- be analytical & logical
This important role requires broad knowledge and advanced skills in visual
design, information architecture, user interface, and a solid understanding
of available client-side technologies.
Qualified candidates will share our belief that design is as much about
behavior and emotion as it is about utility and ease of use. Senior
Interaction Designers provide leadership in concept development, creation of
original art and wire-frame interaction model, project design/development,
and QA. They are responsible for the development of innovative navigation
systems, interface designs, typography, and screen or page layouts for
software, application, web sites, and other interactive media.
Qualified candidates must have at least 5 years experience with interactive
media design, and possess the following characteristics:
- Responsible for delivering tangible site maps/architecture and
- Must be wildly creative and obsessively meticulous.
- Must understand user behavior as it relates to design.
- Exceptional design talents with stylistic breadth that demonstrates
sensitivity to diverse subject matter from product interaction to software
tools and applications to the web.
- Superb information design abilities, fastidious and efficient production
and optimization habits, and impeccable problem solving skills.
- Command of leading design software, e.g., Illustrator, Flash, and
- Solid understanding of practical benefits and limitations of Internet
technologies (Shockwave, Flash, Java, DHTML, CGI, etc.)
- Intimate knowledge of HTML, understanding how comps translate to code.
- Must be self-motivated, good communicator, comfortable with following
direction, thrive on multidisciplinary teams, and able to balance great
design with meeting short deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain client relationships.
- Able to produce results independently as well as collaboratively in a team