[JOB] - Senior UX Designer - NY Midtown - Financial Industry
13 Mar 2007 - 12:11pm
This job was previously posted as a contract position - it has been updated
to a Full Time Employee Position.
Senior UX Designer
Experience: 5+ years
Company: ITG - Investment Technology Group
Location: New York City - Midtown
Status: Full Time Employee
ITG Investment Technology Group, Inc.R (NYSE:ITG), is a specialized
brokerage firm that partners with clients globally to provide innovative
solutions spanning the entire trading process. A pioneer in electronic
trading, ITG has a unique agency approach that combines pre-trade analysis,
trade execution, and post-trade evaluation to provide customers with
continuous improvement in trading and cost efficiency.
As part of a newly formed User Interface Design Group the designer will work
with Product Management and Development teams to design and visualize new
concepts and directions for large scale institutional trading applications.
Designers have direct responsibility to follow designs from concept to
implementation, including visual prototypes, guidelines and specifications,
user testing and iterative design.
- Must be fluent in "Windows" user interface concepts, guidelines and
general native requirements as well as JAVA and other PC GUI environments.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and other graphical
file format applications
- Extensive experience with MS Office tools, WORD, Excel, PowerPoint etc
- Excellent communication skills ranging from written and spoken
presentation skills to written communications including specifications and
- Must be able to create high quality visual prototypes ranging from
wire-frames to pixel perfect snapshots.
- Experience working in cross-disciplinary teams in a dynamic, fast paced
development environment, experience with the XP/Agile processes a plus
- Knowledge of, or experience with financial applications a plus
BA/BS in a Human Factors or Usability Program or related field such as