Job Duration: Regular full time employment (not temporary)
AOL is looking for a talented UI designer to join our Mail user experience team. You will join an interdisciplinary team to bring AOL & AIM Mail onto mobile devices for a global audience. You will provide interaction design leadership and work with product management, engineering, and other groups to deliver innovative designs for a variety of mobile platforms.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Applying user-centered design principles to create high quality user experiences for mobile devices
* Designing interfaces that scale and extend elegantly based on business, user and brand needs
* Presenting design principles and solutions to stake holders
* Working with visual designers to craft a compelling experience
* Collaborating with usability researchers on usability testing
* Translating designs into specifications and working with engineers and QA teams to create the final product
* Degree in HCI, interaction design, related field or equivalent experience.
* At least 3+ years experience on a user experience team with several successfully launched applications
* Demonstrated experience designing high quality interfaces for a variety of mobile applications.
* Ability to brainstorm well with other team members and give and take constructive feedback.
* Working knowledge of XHTML, WAP and other scripting languages a big plus
* Ability to iteratively design mobile user experiences using a range of prototyping tools also a big plus
In addition to your resume, we'll also need to take a peek at your portfolio/URL, so please include links, if applicable.
How to apply:
Online @ http://www.corp.aol.com/careers/opportunities.shtml --Requisition # 75938BR
Check Out the new free AIM(R) Mail -- 2 GB of storage and industry-leading spam and email virus protection.