Job: Sr. Visual Interface Designer, Adobe Consulting - San Francisco, CA
26 Mar 2007 - 12:52pm
Recognizing that employees are at the core of our success, Adobe recruits
and retains highly qualified and motivated individuals, creates an
environment where they can innovate and achieve their best, and rewards them
for their performance by giving them an opportunity to share in the
Adobe is looking for a senior-level Visual Designer to work with the Adobe
Consulting Team (AC) to design next-generation rich client applications for
strategic third party engagements. A candidate¹s portfolio must demonstrate
a broad depth of experience with emphasis on application, and user-interface
design, while leveraging rich clients in innovative ways. The Sr. Visual
Designer will work with the AC user experience and engineering teams to
create innovative rich client applications targeted at the web, mobile
phones and other devices. The ideal candidate needs to be part visual
designer, part interaction designer, and part information architect and be
able to demonstrate experience designing applications that combine both
complex user experience and technical challenges.
* Work with external clients and the AC user experience and
engineering teams to translate business problems, and requirements into
compelling, innovative design solutions that demonstrate the power and value
of the rich Internet application experience.
* Create interactive prototypes for use as UE proof-of-concepts in
* Draft design specifications for use by AC and third-party
* Continually innovate, using the Adobe suite of industry-leading
* Promote a constructive environment for idea exploration and
* Self-manage their own tasks, and schedules.- Self-manage their own
tasks, and schedules.
* Up to 25% travel.
Knowledge & Skills:
* Five or more years experience designing, and creating web or
desktop based applications.
* Portfolio that includes numerous examples of award-winning work.
* Extensive experience with the Adobe suite of tools, especially
* Proven ability to balance multiple projects while meeting tight
* Formal design training.
* Excellent communication skills & collaborative skills.
* Application UI development experience.
* Communications design, product design or information architecture
* Experience with Adobe Flash and ActionScript.
* Mobile application design.
Adobe believes personal fulfillment and company success go hand in hand,
sustaining one another. In fact, our dynamic, rewarding working environment
is well known including seven consecutive years on FORTUNE magazine¹s ³100
Best Companies to Work For² and other, similar accolades. By hiring the very
best and brightest, Adobe continues to be a simply better place to work
creating a dynamic environment today and providing incentives for future