JOB: UI Designer @ PayPal, an eBay Company (LOCATION: Phoenix, AZ)
30 Mar 2007 - 12:59pm
User Interface Designer - Phoenix, AZ
About PayPal User Interface Design & User Research:
Do you have a creative eye for design? Do you often ponder what makes
people do the things they do? If so, then we have a position for you!
The design and research group here at PayPal is comprised of a
multi-cultural, multi-talented team of individuals whose skills range
from conceptual design to contextual inquiries. We are a passionate
bunch of highly skilled user experience specialists - our focus is
driving the goals of the business, by defining and creatively addressing
the needs of our users. You could be one of us!
The qualified design candidate will work both independently and
alongside other design team members to shape the future of online
payments. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must,
along with solid visual presentation skills. In this role, the
individual may need to travel to our San Jose headquarters, and it is
essential for this person to work collaboratively across geographies.
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Working closely with a cross-functional team to assess product
requirements, the designer will create UI models, user task and
interaction flows, screen designs, user-interface interaction details
that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience for various
online payment products
* The designer will organize these design details into a complete user
interface design specification that will be used as a blueprint for
* This person will work closely with user research team members to
better understand the user, test the usability of features and
* Should have practical experience employing user centered design
* The designer should be self-motivated and be able to make logical
decisions to ensure the overall success of the project by creating
designs that seamlessly address customer and business concerns and
* Keep abreast of current design tools, techniques and methodologies
* At least 3 years of solid industry experience designing GUI's for
websites and web applications
* Advanced degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, or other
* Must possess a solid working experience with appropriate design tools
including Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, etc.
* Should have experience with international and localization design
* Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills working
within cross-functional teams a must
* Portfolio required
"Nice to Have" Skills:
* Experience designing payment solutions for consumers and businesses
* Working knowledge of visual design and typography principles
* Ability to create personas, profiles, and usage scenarios based
* Ability to rapidly prototype designs in hand-coded HTML
PayPal lets any business or consumer with an email address securely,
conveniently and cost-effectively send and receive payments online.
PayPal has quickly become a global leader in online payment solutions
with over 133 million accounts (including buyers and sellers on eBay,
online retailers, online businesses, as well as traditional offline
businesses) in over 100 markets worldwide.
The PayPal network builds on the existing financial infrastructure of
bank accounts and credit cards to create a global, real-time payment
solution. PayPal has a local presence in 13 markets outside the U.S.
including the UK, Canada, Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany,
Italy, Spain, Ireland, the Netherlands, Switzerland and China.