JOB: Information Architect at Behavior (New York, NY)
17 Apr 2007 - 2:51pm
10 years ago
Behavior is looking for both freelance and staff lead-level Information
Architects to work on projects for the next 6-10 weeks, and to join our
team permanently. There are several Lead IA opportunities at this time.
[Behavior is a growing web design firm in NYC, with blue-chip clients, a
great leadership team, and a deep commitment to excellence. Visit our
site to get a feel for the kind of work we do: http://www.behaviordesign.com ]
We are seeking talented and enthusiastic Information Architects to grow
with us, to make great products -- and to impress our clients! Good
candidates will have experience in core IA activities: interaction
design, user research, functional specifications, business analysis,
content planning, etc. Ideally, you will have worked formally as an
information architect for 2 or more years and are deeply familiar with
the role, responsibilities, and deliverables.
Multi-faceted candidates are preferred: strong copywriting, design, or
coding skills are all major plusses.
Ultimately, you should show us that you have a passion for great user
experience design and a desire to be on the leading edge of the field.
Salary/rates commensurate with experience -- staff benefits include
healthcare and 401k.
Basic candidate requirements:
- Live and work in the NYC metro area.
- 4+ years experience as an information architect,
interaction/experience designer, user researcher, or similar position.
- Must show examples of many, if not all, of the following types of
- Use Cases/Scenarios
- User Personas/Task Analysis
- Site Maps, Wireframes, Process Flows (naturally)
- Business Analysis/Features/Requirements
- Functional Specifications
- Strong collaborative instincts and good teamwork skills
- Good communication, both spoken, written, and graphically