JOB - User Experience Manager - Vodafone Group - Düsseldorf, Germany - full-time/permanent
24 Apr 2007 - 7:08am
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced User Experience Manager for Vodafone Group in Düsseldorf, Germany.
Responsibilities of the User Experience Manager
· Design the User Experience for terminals, products & services, and specify requirements for terminal and platform vendors to achieve the intended user and business benefits.
· Work with stakeholders to identify key features and success criteria for mobile centric Vodafone services.
· Create or manage the creation of prototypes to communicate and test UI features and design alternatives.
· Evaluate UI concepts and design alternatives.
· Responsible for the UI implementation of individual terminals based on the Vodafone terminal UI guidelines and specifications within overall product development framework.
· Work with terminal and platform vendors to ensure the compliance of their deliverables to Vodafone UE requirements.
· Evaluate the usability and quality of the UI of terminals and platfoms during their development.
· Feed back identified UI quality issues to terminal and platform vendors and negotiate appropriate solutions.
· Manage quality issues, including tracking the resolution of issues throughout terminal and platform development projects.
· Liaise with the Senior Visual Designer and the global brand department to ensure delivery of terminal and platform UI according to brand and visual guidelines.
· Prepare the functional sign off of terminal and platform UE deliverables and developments.
· Work closely with the global terminals, marketing and technology teams to guide them through User Experience design for their projects, providing access to Vodafone global resources where appropriate and involving global stakeholders at key stages to ensure alignment.
· Maintain UE standards and consistency in collaboration with other UE managers.
Qualifications/ Experience we are looking for:
· At least 4 years experience in a commercial product and/or service development environment, including 1+ years experience in mobile telecoms (in particular terminal manufacturers and/or platform vendors) and related businesses. This experience should ideally come from consumer-oriented products, with some international experience and with some exposure to human factors & usability elements of product development.
· Proven skills and track record in project management for at least 3 years.
· Strong focus on delivery and strong negotiation skills
· Strong and consistent user focus, demonstrated through unfailingly putting the user and their needs ahead of features and technology.
· Excellent communication skills in verbal, written and formal presentation formats.
· Strong ability to influence and provide thought leadership up to executive management levels.
· Proven ability to drive effective delivery in cross-functional projects in a fast-moving, high-technology environment working with both internal and external resources.
· Awareness of the organisational and cultural factors in working across an international group
· Technology grounding - sufficient understanding to allow an un-daunted and informed assessment of likely technology and terminal impact on User Experience design
· Ability to work in an international cross functional team environment
· English language skills to business level/able to work in an English speaking environment
If the above role description matches your skills and experience, we would like to hear from you.
Please apply by submitting your English CV online using the following link:
Vodafone Group Services GmbH
Mannesmannufer 2, 40213 Düsseldorf, Germany
Amstgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 53554
Geschäftsführung: Helmut Hoffmann, Dr. Joachim Peters
This message and any files or documents attached are confidential and may also be legally privileged or protected by other legal rules. It is intended only for the individual or named. If you are not the named addressee or you have received this email in error, please inform the sender immediately, delete it from your system and do not copy or disclose it or its contents or use it for any purpose. Thank you. Please also note that transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free