Job Senior User Experience Researcher for World's Leading Company. Seattle Recruiter
24 Apr 2007 - 11:23am
This is a full time position.
Sr User Experience Researcher in Technical Environment
Bestica Inc is helping World's leading company with their need of Sr User
Experience Researcher. This person should have great experience with
designing Desktop Applications in a very technical environment. Experience
with any integration tool like Biztalk, Tibco, Websphere, Webmethods is a
plus. Individual should have industry experience with a highly technical
background (not just consumer products; someone who has worked on software
applications designed for enterprise architects/developers). An advanced
computer science degree and HCI would be a plus. Please take a look at the
job description and send me your resume if this position is a good fit for
you. For some reason if this is not the right fit for you at this time feel
free to send this job to your friends and colleagues who can make use of
this great opportunity.
The User Experience (UX) team in company's Connected Systems Division (CSD)
researches how people interact with technology and businesses processes and
then apply that knowledge to design interfaces. CSD products transform how
organizations conduct business by coordinating the activities of their
business applications, their people and their partners.
We perform the full spectrum of User Centered Design (UCD) activities
through the product lifecycle and enterprises around the world (including
banking, retail, healthcare, and government organizations) have deployed our
interfaces in their mission-critical environments. We are a dynamic group of
user researchers, usability testers, and interface/interaction designers. We
seek a teammate who can contribute innovative approaches that uncover
explicit and implicit user needs; explore complex technical systems;
influence product teams and developers; ask thought-provoking questions that
not only challenge the status quo but also foster great design; contribute
gorgeous design solutions and criticisms; provide subject matter expertise
in software integration; and evangelize UCD.
If you can do all these things (or most of them with self awareness of areas
where you want to grow), then we want to talk to you. Our Senior User
Experience position offers an opportunity to:
- Plan the long and short-term plans for and usability activities for
a suite of products that will serve multiple personas.
- Conduct numerous customer research activities including the standard
contextual inquiries, focus groups, usability testing, as well as innovative
techniques you can develop for gathering the voice of the customer,
- Contribute to a software design that, once developed, will be used
by thousands (if not millions) of users every day.
- Create wireframes, conceptual models, and low-high fidelity
- Write design specifications and advocate user needs during
- Mentor peers, stakeholders, and teammates on design usability best
- At least five years business experience
- Recent experience translating complex business concepts into user
interfaces and technology solutions
- Practical experience proactively mentoring peers and stakeholders in
design and usability best practices
- Experience and passion for presenting user research / usability data
to broad audiences and successfully driving improved designs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience
using storytelling during stakeholder reviews
- Expertise in typical design software
- Advanced degree in Human Computer Interaction, Instructional Design,
Cognitive Psychology, Graphic Arts or similar field
- A degree in computer science with an emphasis in HCI would make you
- Experience with business integration software is a major plus.
- Experience with highly technical, non-consumer, user groups a plus.