CHI Informal SIG: Optimizing Agile User-Centred Design
If you are an experienced interaction designer or usability practitioner who has worked on an Agile project, and you want to improve your next experience with Agile user-centred design, join our group.
* To determine best user experience practices for Agile user-centred design.
* To make future Agile UCD projects more positive experiences for user experience professionals (although participants' past experiences do not need to be positive ones).
Areas of investigation:
* Are there common factors that can affect the success of Agile UCD? Which of these factors do interaction designers have control over?
* What skills do interaction designers have that Agile projects need most?
* What opportunities do Agile projects give interaction designers that waterfall (or other non-Agile) projects do not? How do we capitalize on the opportunities?
* What obstacles stand in the way of these opportunities? Can we address them?
* Sharing user experience methods or practices that have worked well for participants.
NOTE: Several participants have already done some preparation work for this session, and there is a fairly full agenda in place.
This informal SIG will NOT define Agile development practices or terms. This session assumes prior experience on an Agile project using UCD practices.
Interaction Designer, User Experience Group
work: (416) 874-8296 | fax: (416) 369-6150
Autodesk Canada, Inc | 210 King Street East, Toronto, ON, Canada M5A 1J7