I recently changed the format of my portfolio to a Wordpress blog
(from a cool, but difficult to maintain Flash site). I've also
updated the content in the portfolio and would like to get some
feedback (off list to avoid a crush of email in everyone's inboxes).
The majority of my work for the last year has been outside the more
normative forms of IxD such as interface design or IA, and I would
like some more seasoned opinions on the work. If you're willing to
donate a few minutes of your time to check it out, it would be
If you're looking, I'd like specific feedback on the following -
1) I'm using categories to subdivide work. Some work falls into
multiple categories and therefore shows up several times in different
sections of the portfolio. Is this confusing? Is there a better way
to do it?
2) The descriptions of the work in the posts - too much? too little?
not enough details?
3)Portfolio categories - are these descriptive enough? Should I
divide the work differently?
4) Is there anything missing that you would be looking for in a
5) Is the tone too silly? So many design blogs have the whole "black
turtleneck and soul patch" thing going. I'm trying to differentiate,
but if its over the top let me know.
6) Did anyone find the easter egg?
Also, if anyone wants a link back to their site - I'm more than happy
to add you to my blogroll - "Cranks, Crackpots and Windbags"