JOB: Senior Interaction Designer / Boston, MA / Recruiter
23 May 2007 - 5:40pm
JOB TITLE: Senior interaction designer
Combine innovative thinking and excellent user-centered design skills and
join a team to expand the functionality and usability of a software product
which allows software developers to design, develop, and test stream-based
Your primary responsibilities will be to provide interaction design
leadership for the employer's core procuts, their graphical Integrated
Development Environment (IDE). You will work with product managers,
engineers, and field support personnel to refine existing parts of the
product to better support target users and improve the overall user
experience. You will exercise good judgment and ingenuity in selecting
solutions and approaches for adoption within the product and development
* Collaborate with all members of the development team in early
product requirements definition.
* Translate product requirements into a compelling user interaction.
* Drive timely review of usability testing and customer feedback into
ongoing product development.
* Participate in the analysis and conceptual design of proposed
features, utilizing professional experience in the development of
specifications, design parameters, and alternative solutions.
* Keep technically abreast of trends and advancements within area of
specialization, incorporating these improvements where applicable.
* Attend appropriate technical conferences.
* Contribute to a culture of innovation and teamwork.
* BS or MS in Human Factors, Interaction Design (or similar)
* 5+ years professional experience doing user-centered design for
* Strong portfolio samples
* Strong Leadership skills with experience driving projects that
utilize usability and interaction design concepts
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, along with solid
visual presentation skills
* Experience in a startup or fast-paced Agile development team
* Proficiency creating prototypes on paper and with commercial
* Experience with appropriate design tools including Photoshop,
Illustrator, Visio, Camtasia (or similar), and HTML
* Familiarity with Eclipse-based Java software development
* Familiarity with designing Integrated Development Environments and
software development tools
* Experience leading participatory design discussions with
* Demonstrated ability to author detailed interaction design
* Experience identifying requirements, developing a task analysis, and
documenting usage scenarios
* Ability to prioritize usability issues and collaborate with UI
developers to come to a resolution given technical and organizational
* Experience organizing and conducting usability tests
* Persona and survey design expertise
* Prior experience with products oriented toward developer
Featured by MSNBC, Forbes.com, The Wall Street Journal, PC Magazine, and
other top tier publications, this employer is poised for aggressive growth
and expansion in 2007. Founded by experts in database and object-oriented
technologies, the employer is headquartered in Massachusetts' technology
strip, just minutes from Cambridge, NW of Boston. They offer a pleasant work
environment including flexible work hours, three weeks of vacation per year,
stock options, 401K, full benefits, and a company culture that strongly
rewards technical accomplishments.
The employer is a pioneer and leader in delivering a high-performance
software platform that radically improves real-time data processing. Their
product is the foundation for applications in financial services,
telecommunications, networking, eCommerce, online gaming, and
Their software engineering group is comprised of bright, highly motivated
individuals with expertise in high-performance, distributed, systems
software on Linux, Solaris, and Windows. Code is developed primarily in
Java and C++. We've heard politics are minimal with a team spirit as the
move forward to tackle leading edge technical challenges.