JOB: User Experience Designer at CollabNet (Brisbane, CA)
25 May 2007 - 12:25pm
9 years ago
LOCATION: Brisbane, CA (San Mateo County)
POSITION TITLE: User Experience Designer or Senior User Experience Designer
DURATION: Full Time
Join the CollabNet User Experience team in the forefront of our
company's initiative in getting closer to our users, and designing and
building our next wave of products. CollabNet, named to the 2006 Red
Herring 100 and cited in Friedman's The World is Flat, sits today at
the intersection of open source, distributed development, and
The User Experience Designer will have a direct impact on the
direction of user experience and will play a key role in designing
CollabNet products by working with other design team members, product
teams, customers, and developers to identify feature requirements,
translate them into wireframes and specifications, and iteratively
contribute to the implementation of the features.
• Provide guidance on usability of new features.
• Produce high- and low-fidelity prototypes. Formats include XHTML,
• Work on and/or create use cases, u.i. specifications, and other user
• Work with other user experience designers to create templates,
guidelines, and standards that can be used by other team members or
• At least three years of hands-on experience in interaction and
• Experience with design of end-user, web-based applications.
• Ability to design components in the context of their effect on the
• Experience with creating user flows, wireframes, and design prototyping.
• Ability to develop logical, detailed, and well-thought-through
specifications and user scenarios.
• Experience with usability heuristics, usability testing, style
guidelines development, and giving presentations on style standards
and usability are a plus.
• An understanding of software development environments and product
• Experience with designing in agile development environments in
addition to more traditional developments is a plus.
• Proficiency with Web standards, including XHTML, CSS, Web
Accessibility, and Section 508.
• An understanding of current internet-centric technologies such as
AJAX, XML, DOM, and portals.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, ability to multi-task.
• Enjoy working closely with others.
Bachelor's degree or higher HCI, Interaction Design, Industrial
Design, Graphic Design or related area preferred.