JOB: Web UI Designer, Bowling Green, KY, Affinity Group Inc, FT
31 May 2007 - 3:48pm
AFFINITY GROUP, INC., an outdoor recreation-related company, has an
excellent opportunity in our Bowling Green, KY office:
USER INTERFACE DESIGNER
* Design compelling, rich and scalable user interfaces for our
web and email based products, including visual look and feel, graphics,
styles, page/screen layout, navigation, and user flows.
* Work with marketing managers, web managers and consultants to
design, implement and maintain our websites' information architecture
and associated documentation.
* Collaborate with internal stakeholders and consultant
partners to proactively gather and understand customer, partner and
stakeholder UI needs.
* Plan and conduct user tests; document and communicate
* Analyze and interpret data from available sources to enhance
UI designs in a way that will improve key performance indicators.
* Work with developers, system engineers, and QA engineers
throughout the product development, testing and implementation phases to
ensure UI integrity.
* Create and maintain interactive style guidelines for all AGI
brands. (Emphasis should be on usability and function, rather than flair
* Provide estimates regarding the amount of time it will take
to complete UI tasks.
* Conduct industry research and stay current on best practices,
competitor UI designs, and emerging interface technologies.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
* Experience optimizing graphics for performance and search
* Understanding of and ability to review usability test
* Proven track record and ability to employ a customer-centered
approach to designing consumer web and email based interfaces.
* Knowledge and understanding of:
o Web interface prototyping tool(s)
o Current HTML, CSS and related specifications
o Cross-platform and cross-browser design issues and workarounds
o Visio, MS Office, PhotoShop, Illustrator, HTML, Java, and
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits including
medical/dental and 401(k). If interested, please forward your resume,
salary history and salary requirements via email to: jobs at affinitygroup.com. To view a current list of our job opportunities,
please visit our website at: www.affinitygroup.com. No phone calls