JOB: Art Director - full-time, direct-hire - Seattle, WA - FILTER (recruiter)
3 Jul 2007 - 8:45am
Art Director for Interaction Design
FILTER is looking for an art director for a full-time, direct-hire
opportunity in Seattle, WA. This is an opportunity for a visual designer
with ambition, talent and a desire to work in an energetic and dynamic
small creative environment. You will be part of a new and growing group
of interaction design consultants and researchers working on a variety
of projects from web design and games to consumer hardware products and
enterprise business software. You must have a strong interest in product
design, outstanding capabilities in visual design, and a passion and
drive to make digital experiences as simple, beautiful and elegant as
You will participate in design programs and enjoy collaborating with
other designers to solve complex communication challenges. You will work
closely with researchers, customers and clients to define new product
experiences expressed through different types of output, from print,
digital design to motion graphics.
You have mastered and are proficient in numerous software tools for
designing a broad array of visual design elements. You will need to
demonstrate a portfolio of work that communicates stunning examples of
creative problem solving in the realm of visual, print or web design
(HTML/Flash). You will possess a deep understanding of visual styles,
typography, visual trends and be able to talk passionately about
branding and principles of communication design.
* Define appropriate visual styles and visual language elements for new
product experiences. Engage in strategic creative direction to describe
visual design strategy for clients.
* Create stunning and inspiring visual design that helps communicate
different possible stylistic or functional directions.
* Direct and critique other designers in production of visual style
guides, icons, animation, layout, fonts.
* Analyze and interpret brand experiences on an emotional level and
develop a unique point of view about how to extend and improve them.
* Work collaboratively with user experience designers to develop
innovative designs by prioritizing visual design.
* Produce reports, style guides, print materials, posters, and other
collateral brand materials for the company and clients.
* Bachelor's and/or Master's degree in Visual Communication, Graphic
Design, or equivalent.
* An online design portfolio demonstrating incredible creative talent,
ability to generate beautiful creative work, and thorough understanding
of good design process.
* 4-8 years of professional visual design work predominantly in the
realm of digital media.
* Able to accomplish objectives within tight timelines and possess
proactive and strategic problem-solving skills.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects,
InDesign, or equivalent.