Location: Can work from home, but must live in the tri-state area (NY, NJ,
CT) for occasional meetings.
My client is an early-stage startup founded by entrepreneurs and senior
executives from the financial services and e-commerce industries. Our vision
is to become a leading technology platform company with an initial focus on
electronically traded markets.
They are seeking an ambitious User Interface Developer with 3-5 years
programming experience - and an intuitive sense of beauty -- to build a
real-time, cross-asset alternative trading system.
* Proven web site design experience. Knowledge of design principles,
composition, color theory, and brand adherence.
user interface design.
* Data driven UI experience (using XML, web services, databases). MySQL
experience a plus.
* Proficiency in C/C++ and Java.
* Experience with Linux and Windows.
* Familiarity with high-performance trading applications.
* Strong interest in prototyping applications, creative concepts and online
mock ups using rapid iteration.
* Knowledge of full life-cycle development (analysis, design, construction,
* Knowledge of rapid development methodologies.
* Data driven UI experience using XML, web services, databases.
* Good written and verbal communication skills. Strong work ethic.
* Online portfolio of work required.
* Competitive contract-based cash compensation, with the opportunity for
full-time employment, bonus and equity compensation.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume or
portfolio, hourly and/or salary requirements, and a paragraph (or two)
highlighting your skills/experience as it pertains to this job to beau at open-source-staffing.com