Our client is looking for a talented Team Lead to join their UI Engineering
leadership team in Chicago. This position leads and manages the development
of their online user experiences.
You will be responsible for managing a team of UI engineers and provide
general leadership for the advancement of user interfaces across all of the
You must possess the means and ability to lead multiple projects
concurrently, from conceptualization and execution through maintenance. Each
project will require understanding of business goals, attending project
meetings, proposing innovative solutions to reach successful delivery, and
driving solutions to identified issues and risks across organization
You will collaborate closely with the creative services, information
architecture, and peer technology groups to provide UI consultation and
representation; participate in reviews of software requirements; determine
feasibility of feature development within time, cost and architecture
constraints; provide work estimates based on analysis; allocate resources
and monitor the progress of development and quality of work being done by
You will also provide mentoring and career development advice to each team
member and will ultimately be responsible for conducting performance reviews
and taking part in hiring decisions of new members.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in UI development and be
knowledgeable in web development frameworks, UI architectures, and
established UI coding standards, design patterns and best practices.
* BS in Computer Sciences, HCI or related field/work experience.
* 7+ years experience of web UI development.
* 5+ years of prior technical/team lead and project management
* 5+ years prior experience mentoring developers.
AJAX, and XHTML, JSP, Flash/ActionScript), web frameworks and object
* Ability to address UI concerns (MVC, visual design, web standards
based development, semantic markup, tableless design, cross-browser and
browser degradation techniques, usability, accessibility,
internationalization/localization, and content management).
* Understanding of Java, Struts, Spring, Ruby on Rails, mobile
* Strong interpersonal and communications skills, excellent analytical
skills, flexibility, ability to plan and organize, responsiveness,
* Demonstrated ability to perform in demanding multi-tasking