JOB: Web application developer/prototyper (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada)
31 Jul 2007 - 1:34pm
Great opportunity for a developer who's jazzed about design/usability/UX and
has the chops to quickly prototype and iterate web apps in a startup
We subscribe to the ³fail early, fail often² and ³serious play² philosophies
here, meaning we like to iterate quickly and burn through design concepts.
In order to do this properly, we need someone who can whip together working
prototypes of our favorite ideas for usability and concept testing, then
help usher the very best to market.
Unfortunately, relocation assistance is not available at this time.
WEB APPLICATION DEVELOPER
Terapath Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
** About Terapath **
A 15-person startup in Waterloo, Ontario, Terapath has assembled a talented
and experienced team to commercialize an exciting innovation. In fact,
virtually all of us left comfortable positions at successful companies to
participate in what we¹re building here. Intrigued? Read on. If you¹ve got
what it takes for this position, we¹d love to tell you more.
** Position Summary **
We¹re looking for a maestro of front-end web development to assist with both
prototyping and production code. Regardless of whether you like the
terminology, you love to build CSS/XHTML applications described by buzzwords
such as Web 2.0, AJAX, and RIA. You¹ll work closely with our user experience
team, helping bring to life new design ideas for usability and concept
testing. As part of our development group, you¹ll work with the latest &
greatest technology to help those ideas grow into fully-functional
production-quality web applications for commercial deployment.
Terapath¹s agile development methodology will give you the freedom,
responsibility and autonomy to explore new technologies in developing our
products. We provide daily updates to each other so that overall project
status and progress is clearly communicated.
You must have a thorough understanding of software development best
practices and should have prior success delivering distributed, internet
scale applications. You¹re constantly learning and looking for ways to
improve. A code warrior, you thrive in a small team startup environment.
You¹re innovative, creative, and you know that understanding a problem is as
important as the code you write to solve it.
* Develop and unit test application functionality to meet requirements and
* Provide development support during times of rapid concept iteration and
* Provide verbal status updates to the entire R&D team on a daily basis
* Provide input into overall application and platform architecture
* Correct defects found during functional and regression testing
* Participate in the planning and deployment of new releases, including
* Seek and advocate improvements in Terapath¹s software development
* Stay up-to-date with best practices in web development
* Proven track record in commercial software development
* Experience with technologies for building RIA¹s such as AJAX, Flash,
* Experience with the Microsoft Expression suite of tools would be a plus
* Experience with the .NET Framework, C# and related technologies
* Solid experience building multi-tier distributed internet scale
applications with a design focus, experience with service oriented
architectures a plus
* A positive attitude and a results-oriented work ethic
* An ability to work both independently and in a team environment
* An ability to work effectively using agile development methodologies
* An ability to self-monitor progress against project goals and employ
corrective actions as required
* University degree, college diploma or equivalent in computer science or
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact Jeff