Building on over 10 years of pioneering work in the mobile device market,
HTC's Innovation group has assembled a crack team of product
design experts from around the world with the goal of charting a course
for the future of mobile devices and HTC. The Innovation group works with
executives to provide design strategy for all of HTC, and collaborates
directly with product teams in Taipei and Carriers around the world to bring
new designs to market. We are a small team with the feel of a startup and
the backing of a company with over $2 billion in annual sales.
Our process relies on the collaboration of exceptionally talented
individuals within integrated cross-disciplinary teams to create products
that offer functional benefits and emotional resonance to our target
Located in Seattle, WA, HTC's Innovation group is looking for a
interaction designer with 4-8 years experience, who is driven by the desire
work as a team player, shows a talent for creating unique, yet relevant,
solutions, and is committed to HTC's success in the mobile device market.
As a member of HTC Innovation group's software user experience team, you
will be expected to:
* Participate in user and market research to understand the needs and
of our target audience
* Work directly with European carrriers to understand their users and
* Develop scenarios and storyboards to communicate design concepts to
team members, product groups, executives, and carrier customers.
* Design, build, and test interactive prototypes to iterate and evolve
your design concepts
* Deliver detailed information architecture, interaction and visual
design specifications to product teams
* Manage design process, project schedule, and relationships with HTC's
customers, HTC's Seattle-based Innovation group, and engineering and
marketing groups in
* Contribute to an evolving design culture and process at HTC's Innovation
group and throughout HTC's design organizations in Taipei, Seattle, and
Before you apply, ensure that you:
* Have 4 or more years of interaction design experience, including
significant non-Web design work (desktop software design experience is a
* Are experienced in designing both hardware and software user
interfaces (mobile device interaction design experience is a major plus).
* Have the visual design skills to produce professional-quality
interaction design concepts and specifications. You need not be a
graphic designer per se, but the quality of the design of your
deliverables must be commensurate with the high calibre of the content.
* Have a BA/BS in Interaction Design, Graphic Design, Industrial Design,
Computer-related Design, HCI, Human Factors, or closely-related field
(masters degree is a plus).
* Are an expert in the major graphics tools (Illustrator, Photoshop, and
Visio/Omnigraffle) and at least one prototyping tool (Director or
* Are a team player and possess strong project management and
We should get to know each other if you:
* Think that the opportunity to design an integrated mobile
hardware/software system from the ground up is too good to pass up.
* Are thrilled by the chance to ship new products of your own design
to millions of passionate HTC users.
* Live for cross-disciplinary user-centered design, but would rather
design products than discuss process.
* Obsess about creating design solutions that offer both functional
and emotional benefits.
* Admire the work of Charles & Ray Eames, Doug Engelbart, and Richard
* See design as both a cultural and strategic activity.
* Are happy to travel quarterly to Taipei, Taiwan to collaborate with
Free agents with both corporate and consulting backgrounds are highly