JOB: Designer - HeathWallace (HK) - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
2 Aug 2007 - 8:55pm
To support the growth of our business in Asia Pacific, HeathWallace is
looking for a seasoned Designer (interactive). This is a challenging
regional role with the mission to design user-centric online solutions for
our clients in Asia Pacific. In addition to being an integral resource for
the Hong Kong office, the role will work closely with the team in the UK to
deliver the appropriate solutions to clients.
The role focuses on identifying and delivering creative solutions to meet
clients' web design needs. The job involves working with our clients to
ensure that their own customers have effective and enjoyable experiences
when using the clients' web sites.
What's most important to us is that you understand how to deliver solutions
that meet the client objectives whilst satisfying the needs of the user. You
are interested in delivering to strategic objectives rather than your own
creative ideals and you believe that your creative solutions are only one
part of what it takes to create a successful online experience.
1. Excellent creative graphic design skills and knowledge of internet design
and best practices with minimum 4 to 5 years experience (an essential
2. The ability to work with clients, mostly from the financial services
sector, to identify their objectives and translating these into effective
designs. This involves:
• interpreting the needs of clients' own customers;
• engaging with client staff at a variety of levels/functions (for
example, both product managers and corporate marketing), to clarify and
often to reconcile their needs;
• awareness of how clients view their brands and the direction they wish
to take them;
• excellent presentation and communication skills.
• ability to work under pressure, as part of a team and individually
• identification of resource requirements
• managing the design process to agreed delivery deadlines and financial
4. Supervisory skills are required as the team in Hong Kong grows.
• overseeing and quality assuring the work of designers;
• provision of informal coaching to junior staff.
5. Proficient in PhotoShop & Illustrator. Flash, InDesign with
understanding of HTML/CSS.
Other experience and Skills
• Experience with developing information architecture for internet and
• Strong presentation and writing skills
• Cultural adaptability: ability to work with different cultures
• Languages: Fluent spoken and written English is required. Spoken and
written Chinese would be preferred but not essential.
• Persuasiveness, resourcefulness and attention to detail.
• Highly reliable; ability to assume responsibility and accountability
• Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
• Desire and ability to innovate.
• Willingness and flexibility to travel
Location: Hong Kong Salary: Negotiable
HeathWallace (HK) Ltd is a subsidiary of HeathWallace Ltd, a leading UK web
design and development agency specialized in delivering effective online
solutions for global financial services firms and other leading brands in
Europe, Asia and North America. Our clients have taken a high-level decision
to focus on the internet as a primary channel to their customers. The
solutions we deliver are therefore of strategic importance to our clients,
and not simply "nice to have".