JOB: User Interface Designer at PayPal in San Jose, California
17 Aug 2007 - 10:33am
About PayPal User Interface Design & User Research
Do you have a creative eye for design? Do you often ponder what makes people do the things they do? If so, then we have a position for you! The design and research group here at PayPal is comprised of a multi-cultural, multi-talented team of individuals whose skills range from conceptual design to contextual inquiries. We are a passionate bunch of highly skilled user experience specialists - our focus is driving the goals of the business, by defining and creatively addressing the needs of our users. You could be one of us!
User Interface Designer
The qualified design candidate will work both independently and alongside other design team members to shape the future of online payments. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must, along with solid visual presentation skills. In this role, the individual may need to travel to our San Jose headquarters, and it is essential for this person to work collaboratively across geographies. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Working closely with a cross-functional team to assess product requirements, the designer will create UI models, user task and interaction flows, screen designs, user-interface interaction details that promote ease of use and optimize the user experience for various online payment products
* The designer will organize these design details into a complete user interface design specification that will be used as a blueprint for development
* This person will work closely with user research team members to better understand the user, test the usability of features and conceptual designs
* Should have practical experience employing user centered design methods
* The designer should be self-motivated and be able to make logical decisions to ensure the overall success of the project by creating designs that seamlessly address customer and business concerns and objectives
* Keep abreast of current design tools, techniques and methodologies
* At least 3 years of solid industry experience designing GUI's for websites and web applications
* Advanced degree in Human Computer Interaction, Design, or other related discipline
* Must possess a solid working experience with appropriate design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, Visio, etc.
* Should have experience with international and localization design considerations
* Strong communication, analytical and interpersonal skills working within cross-functional teams a must
* Portfolio required
"Nice to Have" Skills:
* Experience designing payment solutions for consumers and businesses
* Working knowledge of visual design and typography principles
* Ability to create personas, profiles, and usage scenarios based
* Ability to rapidly prototype designs in hand-coded HTML
PayPal lets any business or consumer with an email address securely, conveniently and cost-effectively send and receive payments online. PayPal has quickly become a global leader in online payment solutions with over 133 million accounts (including buyers and sellers on eBay, online retailers, online businesses, as well as traditional offline businesses) in over 100 markets worldwide.
The PayPal network builds on the existing financial infrastructure of bank accounts and credit cards to create a global, real-time payment solution. PayPal has a local presence in 13 markets outside the U.S. including the UK, Canada, Australia, Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Ireland, the Netherlands, Switzerland and China.
These fulltime positions are located in San Jose, CA. Interested candidates can submit their resumes to Michelle Munoz at mmunoz at paypal.com