I'm looking for a senior designer with excellent interaction design skills
and significant experience in usability testing and user research. This
person will have primary responsibility for my company's new email archiving
product--it's undergoing a complete UI re-write in the next release, which
should provide some great opportunities to start from the beginning in
re-thinking how it should work.
Connected is a small company, approximately 130 employees, based in
Framingham, MA. It's a great team to work with. The UI discipline is
fairly young at Connected (1 1/2 years), so there's plenty of opportunity to
shape how UI is done here.
I've included the job description below. If you're interested, please send
me your resume.
Connected: the leading provider of automated
data protection, archiving and recovery
solutions for distributed data. http://www.connected.com
Seeking a highly motivated and creative Senior User Interface Designer to
turn product requirements into intuitive, efficient, and satisfying
web-based software interfaces.
* Producing workflow, page-level design mockups and detailed
specifications for new product features and improvements to existing
* Developing relationships with target users to gather user
* Creating user personas and communicating them to product team
* Designing, recruiting for and conducting usability tests of paper
prototypes and live software
* Working closely with multi-disciplinary product team to ensure
design meets user needs, product requirements, and technical constraints.
Ensuring that the voice of the customer remains central throughout the
* Working closely with a graphic designer to develop visual design
* Remaining current on new technologies and user-centered design
* Maintaining awareness of competitive product interfaces
* Managing design schedules. Interfacing with development lead to
maximize UI quality within product release cycles
Bachelors' degree in human factors, psychology, computer science,
anthropology, or related field.
* Minimum 4 years experience designing user interfaces in a
fast-paced corporate environment, including significant web application (as
opposed to web site) UI experience.
* Significant usability testing and user research experience.
Testing experience should include paper prototypes and live software.
Experience with remote testing a plus
* Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
* Thorough understanding of web technologies
* Proven expertise in prototyping and design, including working
experience with Photoshop, Visio, HTML, and CSS
* Must be a self-starter, and able to work independently and in
multi-disciplinary product teams
* Experience with software UI design, accessibility, and/or
localization a plus
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic, small-company environment