JOB: User Experience Designer - Princeton, NJ - Recruiter - Full Time
18 Sep 2007 - 8:53am
User Experience Designer - Princeton, NJ (Full-time)
The User Experience Designer is responsible for designing usable
websites, web applications, and other products for external clients and
internal operations. Working closely with strategic marketing and
business development staffs, strategic business units, and other
stakeholders, the incumbent will develop wireframes that show
proof-of-concept for products under consideration for development.
* Translating client goals into workable, highly usable designs
while managing internal/external client relationships throughout each
project's preliminary design phase.
On a consulting basis, assist other internal groups by providing
user experience design services.
* Analyze existing large-scale applications software and websites
and redesign them to improve usability for diverse audiences and
* Provide coaching and training in user-centered design concepts,
principles, and practices to other internal design functions.
* Perform feature analyses, usability testing, and focus-group
testing. Create wireframes, storyboards, prototypes, flow diagrams,
sample screens, and web frameworks to communicate information
architecture, navigation, and element positioning ideas to clients,
internal management and staff, and other stakeholders.
* As requested, guide software engineers, graphic artists, and
quality assurance engineers throughout the development process.
* Supervise software engineers and graphic artists to ensure that
the finished product adheres to the design vision and conforms to
enterprise technical and architectural standards.
Requirements: A Bachelor's degree with additional coursework in
human-computer interface, cognitive science, a design discipline or
computer science, or an equivalent combination of education and
experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
is necessary., in addition to five (5) or more years of diverse
professional experience in the design of technology-based user
experiences is required. Previous experience guiding software engineers
and web developers in the development of usable web applications and
websites is critical, as is prior experience guiding one or more graphic
artists to ensure that graphic work supports usability of end product.
Previous experience leading client requirements-gathering sessions,
usability testing, and design presentations is required, as is
experience in at least one software development environment or language,
such as Flash, is required, plus previous experience in marketing
and/or marketing communications is strongly preferred.
* Strong analytical and visual skills, with a thorough
understanding of human-computer interface principles and design
heuristics is critical.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills to facilitate
consultation with clients, vendors, and other internal management and
staff is critical.
* Experience creating commercial quality websites and web
frameworks, using FrontPage, DreamWeaver, or similar tools, is required.
* Experience designing commercial-quality multimedia applications
* Knowledge of and experience designing applications using Ajax
technologies is required.
* Knowledge of and experience with Search Engine Optimization is
* Experience with Vignette portal and Microsoft SharePoint is
* Experience analyzing complex client needs and using Microsoft
Visio to create wireframes, site maps, and flow diagrams to communicate
ideas is critical.
Competitive salaries and excellent benefits including two retirement
plans, and continuing education.
For consideration, send resume as Word document to: