JOB: Mid-level User Experience Designer, Fairfax, VA - SRA International, Inc. (2 FT openings)
1 Oct 2007 - 8:02pm
User Experience Designer
- Create effective, efficient, and engaging user experience designs,
primarily for Web-based content and sites.
- Coordinate design and implementation in development teams, acting as
user advocate and product champion on each team.
- Facilitate and lead discussions between functional and technical
stakeholders to implement design that achieves usability and
accessibility objectives within project timelines and budget.
- Demonstrate and apply subject matter knowledge of design principles to
create effective, efficient, and engaging products.
- Apply understanding and insight of standards-based design and emerging
technologies (e.g., social media, rich Internet applications).
- Apply understanding and experience in designing and testing sites that
meet Section 508 standards and accessibility objectives.
- Conduct ongoing outreach to teach customers, teams, and other
stakeholders about user experience design.
- 3-5 years experience in human factors, information architecture and
user experience design
- Demonstrated ability to produce high-quality user requirements,
information architecture, sitemaps, wireframes, designs, and supporting
materials (Please bring samples to interviews)
- Work with client stakeholders to define usability objectives and
- Perform user goal and task analyses to build personas, scenarios,
requirements, and test scripts.
- Interview users and conduct user research to determine user needs,
user expectations, and product usability.
- Lead / Facilitate customer and internal stakeholder meetings for
- Develop effective information and navigation architecture to promote
user's ability to navigate and find needed content. Ensure room for
growth as content grows.
- Create and present high-quality customer-facing deliverables to
include concept documents, sitemaps, wireframes, and storyboards.
- Create and present developer-facing work products, such as taxonomies,
navigation and page flow diagrams.
- Plan, design, and conduct usability tests using goal-based scenarios
and performance metrics.
- Define and design effective surveys to gather information and feedback
from users and stakeholders.
- Understand, apply, and promote research- and application-based
usability standards and best practices.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge and understanding of Section 508
standards and accessibility objectives.
- Review existing designs and products. Provide clear, actionable
recommendations for improving usability and human factors of design.
- Experience with: Visio or Axure as well as Photoshop or other graphics
- Basic understanding and experience with content management systems,
portals, and/or other frameworks.
- Basic understanding and experience with HTML, XHTML, CSS, and basic
SRA is a leading provider of information technology services and
solutions - including strategic consulting; systems design, development
and integration; and outsourcing and managed services - to clients in
national security, civil government, and health care and public health.
SRA International, Inc. has been recognized by FORTUNE magazine as one
of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" for the seventh consecutive