Job: Senior User Experience Designer, Full Time - CollabNet - Brisbane, CA
25 Oct 2007 - 12:03pm
Join the CollabNet User Experience team in the forefront of our company's
initiative in getting closer to our users, and designing and building our
next wave of products. CollabNet, named to the 2006 Red Herring 100 and
cited in Friedman's The World is Flat, sits today at the intersection of
open source, distributed development, and globalization.
The Senior User Experience Designer will have a direct impact on the
direction of user experience and will play a key role in designing CollabNet
products by working with other design team members, product teams,
customers, and developers to identify feature requirements, translate them
into wireframes and specifications, and iteratively contribute to the
implementation of the features.
· - Design.
· - Provide guidance on usability of new features.
· - Produce high- and low-fidelity prototypes. Formats include
XHTML, paper, or.pdf.
· - Work on and/or create use cases, u.i. specifications, and other
user experience documents.
· - Work with other user experience designers to create templates,
guidelines, and standards that can be used by other team members or other
· - At least four years of hands-on experience in interaction and
· - Experience with design of end-user, web-based applications.
· - Ability to design components in the context of their effect on
the larger application.
· - Experience with creating user flows, wireframes, and design
· - Ability to develop logical, detailed, and well-thought-through
specifications and user scenarios.
· - Experience with usability heuristics, usability testing, style
guidelines development, and giving presentations on style standards and
usability are a plus.
· - An understanding of software development environments and
product development cycles.
· - Experience with designing in agile development environments in
addition to more traditional developments is a plus.
· - Proficiency with Web standards, including XHTML, CSS, Web
Accessibility, and Section 508.
· - An understanding of current internet-centric technologies such
as AJAX, XML, DOM, and portals.
· - Excellent interpersonal skills, teamwork, ability to
· - Enjoy working closely with others.
· - Bachelor's degree or work equivalent, Interaction Design,
Industrial Design, or related area preferred.