JOB: Interaction Designer l Resource Interactive l Full Time l Columbus, Ohio
7 Nov 2007 - 2:11pm
Interaction Designer - Resource Interactive
Reporting to Senior Interaction Designers or Art Directors, Interaction
Designers are responsible for concept development, motion graphic
exploration and final execution of design directions. Interaction
Designers must be able to work successfully within a team setting that
includes collaboration with other team members in Creative, Client
Service, Strategy, Information Architecture, Writers and Developers to
ensure on-brand and technically sound visual design and motion graphic
Essential Job Functions
* Concept development for websites, banner ads, prototypes and
under the supervision of Senior Interaction Designers and/or Art
* Execution of production design in addition to overseeing
Production Designers, when available, to support the team throughout all
phases of the process.
* Take visual explorations from other designers and add the
element of motion.
* Layout + motion refinement and modification based on critical
* Strong understanding of the limits and constraints of Flash and
HTML and the ability
to apply that knowledge in producing interactive solutions.
* Solid understanding of Information Architecture, usability and
overall user interface issues.
* Collaboration with Development Team to ensure correct
implementation of approved design direction.
* Responsible for keeping current with the latest interaction
design trends and tools.
* A Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
* Formal training in graphic design, typography, interaction
design and/or visual communications.
* 3 to 5 years experience in Interactive Design and Production.
* Highly conceptual and proven ability to interpret and adapt
existing brands to the
* Expert knowledge of the latest versions of Photoshop,
Illustrator and Flash. After Effects
* Strong knowledge of web production and visual asset creation.
* Understanding of HTML, dHTML and browser capabilities across
* Strong communication and listening skills and the ability to
translate feedback visually.
* Demonstration of successful experience working in a team-based
setting and ability
to present creative concepts effectively.
* Detail oriented, highly organized and a keen eye for
* Strong time management skills and accountable for meeting
* Must be team-oriented, dedicated, inquisitive, self-motivated
This email and any of its attachments may contain Resource Interactive
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential and may be
subject to copyright or other intellectual property rights belonging to
Resource Interactive. This email is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this email is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of
this email and any printout.