JOB: Art Director l Resource Interactive l Full Time l Columbus, Ohio
7 Nov 2007 - 2:13pm
Art Director - Resource Interactive
Reporting to Associate Creative Directors, Art Directors are responsible
for creative leadership and ownership of multiple projects. Art
Directors mentor, inspire and direct a team of Senior Designers,
Designers, Interaction Designers and Production Designers from concept
to implementation. Art Directors work closely with Strategy, Client
Service and Technology partners to ensure creative concepts and
execution meet the established business objectives. Art Directors are
also required to effectively communicate with clients in both creative
presentations and feedback meetings.
Essential Job Functions
* Concept creation and development, design direction, management
of overall visual language.
* Direction of Designers, Interaction Designers and Production
Designers regarding interface design and visual hierarchy systems,
establishing the design language, execution of design direction, visual
asset creation, HTML production and presentation preparation.
* Active collaboration with Strategy and Creative Domains to
ensure effective visual communications and overall functionality.
* Ownership of design and functional continuity throughout the
development phase of project work, consistently consulting Associate
Creative Director for guidance and validation.
* Client-facing presentations of creative concepts and design
progress throughout the course of project work and creative assignments.
* Soliciting and assimilating design feedback, establishing
priorities and directing/implementing design related revisions.
* Management of the creative process against established
timelines and budgets.
* Photo and video art direction and participation in both pre-
and post-production process.
* Maintaining and extending current knowledge base as well as
learning about new design tools and software relating to interactive
* A Bachelor's Degree in Graphic Design or related field.
* 6 to 10 years experience in Graphic Design.
* A minimum of 5 years experience in Interactive Marketing and
* Extensive training in graphic design, typography, interaction
design and/or visual communications.
* Demonstration of successful leadership experience with a team
of at least 5 direct reports.
* Outstanding conceptual abilities and collaborative skills.
* Strong team building, management, and communication skills
along with excellent listening and presentation skills - both internal
* Excellent time management skills and the ability to effectively
* In-depth understanding of interactive usability principles,
HTML, dHTML and capabilities
of web browsers across platforms is essential.
* Proficiency in the latest versions of design software
including: Photoshop, Illustrator, Flash and InDesign. After Effects and
sound editing is a big plus.
This email and any of its attachments may contain Resource Interactive
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential and may be
subject to copyright or other intellectual property rights belonging to
Resource Interactive. This email is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the
intended recipient of this email, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in relation to the
contents of and attachments to this email is strictly prohibited and may
be unlawful. If you have received this email in error, please notify the
sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of
this email and any printout.