Jaiku

19 Nov 2007 - 6:50pm
6 years ago
4 replies
270 reads
Billie Mandel
2005

...anyone have a beta invitation to Jaiku for me?

(I usually have chocolate at conferences, and am happy to share)...

Cheers,
- Billie

* * * * * * *
Billie Mandel
Manager, User Experience Design & Research
OPENWAVE
billie.mandel at openwave.com

Comments

19 Nov 2007 - 7:24pm
Anonymous

Hi All,

Has anyone done extensive user testing for placement of OK, CANCEL buttons? Should OK be on left and CANCEL on right? I have seen many theories to how it should be but didn’t come across any results of an actual user testing on this subject. If anyone has information about this, please let me know.

Thanks
Prasad Perera
User Experience Architect
_________________________________________________________________
It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT

19 Nov 2007 - 8:44pm
Raminder Oberoi
2007

I think it is important to recognize that in most cases there is one
primary action per screen. In this case 'ok' button is the primary
action and could be rendered as a primary button. For example 'ok'
button can be larger and prominent while the 'cancel' option can be
graphicaly rendered with lesser prominence- a text link perhaps.

• Raminder Oberoi
www.retheory.com

On Nov 19, 2007, at 7:24 PM, Prasad Perera <prasad2web at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone done extensive user testing for placement of OK, CANCEL
> buttons? Should OK be on left and CANCEL on right? I have seen many
> theories to how it should be but didn’t come across any results of a
> n actual user testing on this subject. If anyone has information abo
> ut this, please let me know.
>
>
> Thanks
> Prasad Perera
> User Experience Architect
> _________________________________________________________________
> It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
> http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT
> ________________________________________________________________
> *Come to IxDA Interaction08 | Savannah*
> February 8-10, 2008 in Savannah, GA, USA
> Register today: http://interaction08.ixda.org/
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help

19 Nov 2007 - 11:49pm
SAURABH JETLY
2007

Hi Prasad,

There is this interesting study conducted by Luke and Etre on how button placement and different visual treatment affects the form completion time.

http://www.lukew.com/resources/articles/PSactions.asp

Thanks
Saurabh

Raminder Oberoi <sinioberoi at gmail.com> wrote: I think it is important to recognize that in most cases there is one
primary action per screen. In this case 'ok' button is the primary
action and could be rendered as a primary button. For example 'ok'
button can be larger and prominent while the 'cancel' option can be
graphicaly rendered with lesser prominence- a text link perhaps.

• Raminder Oberoi
www.retheory.com

On Nov 19, 2007, at 7:24 PM, Prasad Perera

wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Has anyone done extensive user testing for placement of OK, CANCEL
> buttons? Should OK be on left and CANCEL on right? I have seen many
> theories to how it should be but didn’t come across any results of a
> n actual user testing on this subject. If anyone has information abo
> ut this, please let me know.
>
>
> Thanks
> Prasad Perera
> User Experience Architect
> _________________________________________________________________
> It's simple! Sell your car for just $30 at CarPoint.com.au
> http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fsecure%2Dau%2Eimrworldwide%2Ecom%2Fcgi%2Dbin%2Fa%2Fci%5F450304%2Fet%5F2%2Fcg%5F801459%2Fpi%5F1004813%2Fai%5F859641&_t=762955845&_r=tig_OCT07&_m=EXT
> ________________________________________________________________
> *Come to IxDA Interaction08 | Savannah*
> February 8-10, 2008 in Savannah, GA, USA
> Register today: http://interaction08.ixda.org/
>
> ________________________________________________________________
> Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
> To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
> Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
> List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
> List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help
________________________________________________________________
*Come to IxDA Interaction08 | Savannah*
February 8-10, 2008 in Savannah, GA, USA
Register today: http://interaction08.ixda.org/

________________________________________________________________
Welcome to the Interaction Design Association (IxDA)!
To post to this list ....... discuss at ixda.org
Unsubscribe ................ http://www.ixda.org/unsubscribe
List Guidelines ............ http://www.ixda.org/guidelines
List Help .................. http://www.ixda.org/help

---------------------------------
Do you get hundreds of mails everyday? Delete none. Keep them all.

20 Nov 2007 - 12:35am
cfmdesigns
2004

In the end, it probably doesn't matter. Users will find the button, regardless of whether it is button #1 or button #2. However:

* Be consistent throughout your app
* Be consistent with other apps on your OS; if on multiple OSes with different standards, have multiple versions rather than ticking off users of one OS
* Have appropriate markers and behaviors for default buttons, tabbing order, etc.

-- Jim Drew
Seattle, WA

-----Original Message-----
>From: Prasad Perera <prasad2web at hotmail.com>
>
>Has anyone done extensive user testing for placement of OK, CANCEL buttons? Should OK be on left and CANCEL on right? I have seen many theories to how it should be but didn’t come across any results of an actual user testing on this subject. If anyone has information about this, please let me know.

Syndicate content Get the feed